    I am upgrading an old system for someone, they don't want to trash their
    pc 100 memory-do any of the newer motherboards support pc 100? can you
    name a few? thanx

    todd, Oct 28, 2003

  2. todd

    Thor Guest

    Most chips today are designed for DDR memory performance. Using old PC-100
    is a *serious* bottleneck, and you'd be giving back a substantial amount of
    what you gained by upgrading. Tell your friend to bite the bullet and buy
    new memory.

    Thor, Oct 28, 2003

  3. todd

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in news::

    > Most chips today are designed for DDR memory performance. Using old
    > PC-100 is a *serious* bottleneck, and you'd be giving back a
    > substantial amount of what you gained by upgrading. Tell your friend
    > to bite the bullet and buy new memory.

    Crucial has this listed for PC2700:
    512MB $85.99 (USD)
    CT6464Z335 DDR PC2700 • CL=2.5 • Unbuffered • Non-parity • 6ns
    • 2.5V • 64Meg x 64

    512 megs of RAM for $86 with free 2 day air shipping is quite a good deal.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 28, 2003
  4. todd

    todd Guest

    that's what i said too.

    todd, Oct 28, 2003
  5. todd

    bodfish Guest

    todd <> wrote in message news:...
    > I am upgrading an old system for someone, they don't want to trash their
    > pc 100 memory-do any of the newer motherboards support pc 100? can you
    > name a few? thanx

    I recently did the same for a friend and for a relative. Thief MSI Turbo 7
    is still available, and I also got an MSI micro board that uses *both* Pc
    and DDr memory for $52. It also has built in video plus an AGP slot for
    future upgrades. To be honest, these low cost systems are just as fast as my
    high end DDR system for normal (biz) use......At least to my untrained eye:)

    bodfish, Oct 28, 2003