    remain on 7-digit dialing if I program the adapter to insert my area
    code unless I start with a '0' or '1'.

    Is there an adapter that supports this feature?
    Pat Coghlan, Jun 6, 2006

  2. Pat Coghlan

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Pat Coghlan wrote:

    > I'm wondering if one or more of these adapters allow users to configure
    > simple address translation tables to automatically insert the local area
    > code etc.
    >
    > Our area is going to 10-digit dialing, but I'm thinking maybe I could
    > remain on 7-digit dialing if I program the adapter to insert my area
    > code unless I start with a '0' or '1'.
    >
    > Is there an adapter that supports this feature?

    NAT yes, that no.
    Rick Merrill, Jun 6, 2006

  3. Pat Coghlan

    Pat Coghlan Guest

    Can you elaborate on what they can support?

    Pat Coghlan, Jun 6, 2006
  4. Thus spaketh Pat Coghlan:
    > I'm wondering if one or more of these adapters allow users to
    > configure simple address translation tables to automatically insert
    > the local area code etc.
    >
    > Our area is going to 10-digit dialing, but I'm thinking maybe I could
    > remain on 7-digit dialing if I program the adapter to insert my area
    > code unless I start with a '0' or '1'.
    >
    > Is there an adapter that supports this feature?

    I use a LinkSys PAP2, I have it set up so that when I dial a 7 digit local
    number, it dials 0044121 in front of the number, as the VoIP provider I use
    requires numbers to be in international format, when I dial numbers
    beginning 0 as in the UK numbers begin with a 0, it translates this to 0044,
    other LinkSys / Sipura devices have the same capabilities.

    --
    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    3p/min & 1p Texts, EasyMobile, For £5 airtime bonus contact via:
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 6, 2006
  5. Pat Coghlan

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Rick Merrill" <> wrote in
    message news:D
    > Pat Coghlan wrote:
    >
    > > I'm wondering if one or more of these adapters allow
    > > users to configure simple address translation tables to
    > > automatically insert the local area code etc.
    > >
    > > Our area is going to 10-digit dialing, but I'm thinking
    > > maybe I could remain on 7-digit dialing if I program
    > > the adapter to insert my area code unless I start with
    > > a '0' or '1'. Is there an adapter that supports this feature?

    > NAT yes, that no.

    Wrong. Any of the Sipura range of ATA's has a user-configurable dial plan
    that allows you to do this. It's not for the novice user though and
    requires some knowledge of how the adaptor and VoIP works.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jun 7, 2006
  6. Pat Coghlan

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "Rick Merrill" <> wrote in
    > message news:D
    >
    >>Pat Coghlan wrote:
    >>

    >>>I'm wondering if one or more of these adapters allow
    >>>users to configure simple address translation tables to
    >>>automatically insert the local area code etc.
    >>>
    >>>Our area is going to 10-digit dialing, but I'm thinking
    >>>maybe I could remain on 7-digit dialing if I program
    >>>the adapter to insert my area code unless I start with
    >>>a '0' or '1'. Is there an adapter that supports this feature?

    >>NAT yes, that no.

    > Wrong. Any of the Sipura range of ATA's has a user-configurable dial plan
    > that allows you to do this. It's not for the novice user though and
    > requires some knowledge of how the adaptor and VoIP works.
    >
    > Ivor

    Well, if that's all you mean by translation!-) Hey, CallVantage has
    a real timesaver called "SPEEDDIAL"!
    Rick Merrill, Jun 8, 2006
  7. Pat Coghlan

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Rick Merrill" <> wrote in
    message news:
    > Ivor Jones wrote:

    [snip]

    > > Wrong. Any of the Sipura range of ATA's has a
    > > user-configurable dial plan that allows you to do this.
    > > It's not for the novice user though and requires some
    > > knowledge of how the adaptor and VoIP works.

    > Well, if that's all you mean by translation!-) Hey,
    > CallVantage has a real timesaver called "SPEEDDIAL"!

    All my ATA's have that as well, irrespective of provider, so what..? Speed
    dial usually only works for a specific number entered into its memory, the
    OP wanted to prefix all 7 digit numbers entered.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jun 8, 2006