    you can wire into them?

    Thanks in advance

    D.
    BIG DAVE, Nov 29, 2010

  2. BIG DAVE

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 12:25:45 -0800, BIG DAVE wrote:

    > I am thinking of getting a wireless router for my Netbook but also still
    > want to keep my "wired" desktop hooked up. I only need one wireless PC
    > right now.
    >
    > Will I need some kind of adapter or do9 the routers come with PORTS so
    > you can wire into them?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > D.

    Most wifi WAP routers have wired ports.

    Meat Plow, Nov 29, 2010

  3. BIG DAVE

    Mike Easter Guest

    BIG DAVE wrote:
    > I am thinking of getting a wireless router for my Netbook but also
    > still want to keep my "wired" desktop hooked up. I only need one
    > wireless PC right now.
    >
    > Will I need some kind of adapter or do9 the routers come with PORTS so
    > you can wire into them?

    Every wireless router I've had, say about 6, has had wired ports.

    I think I've seen somewhere the docs or features of a wireless gateway
    which was a combination broadband modem and 'router' which router had
    only one wired port, so that if one needed more wired access than one
    they would need an additional switch with more ports.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Nov 29, 2010
  4. BIG DAVE

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-11-29, BIG DAVE <> wrote:
    > I am thinking of getting a wireless router for my Netbook but also
    > still want to keep my "wired" desktop hooked up. I only need one
    > wireless PC right now.
    >
    > Will I need some kind of adapter or do9 the routers come with PORTS so
    > you can wire into them?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > D.

    I've never seen a 'wireless router' that didn't have at least one ethernet
    socket; but there are plenty of routers that don't have any wireless at
    all. You'll also need to be aware that there are routers designed to get
    their internet connection from a 'cable modem', and others that have a
    built-in DSL 'modem' of their own.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Nov 29, 2010
  5. BIG DAVE

    RickMerrill Guest

    BIG DAVE wrote:
    > I am thinking of getting a wireless router for my Netbook but also
    > still want to keep my "wired" desktop hooked up. I only need one
    > wireless PC right now.
    >
    > Will I need some kind of adapter or do9 the routers come with PORTS so
    > you can wire into them?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > D.

    Yes they do! It is so when you first do setup the unit is
    not stolen by your nextdoor neighbor/appartment-mate!
    RickMerrill, Nov 30, 2010