DO A DANCE FOR THE 20D !!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Oct 23, 2004.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Oct 23, 2004

  2. Annika1980

    Matt Ion Guest

    Matt Ion, Oct 23, 2004

  3. Annika1980

    EF in FLA Guest

    > ...except that foot growing out of her right hip.

    Picky, Picky, Picky!!

    EF in FLA, Oct 23, 2004
  4. Annika1980

    Crownfield Guest

    Crownfield, Oct 23, 2004
  5. Annika1980

    Mick Brown Guest

    Annika, I think we know by now what camera you are using, I like looking at
    your pics, but seriously do you have to throw the 20D thing down our throats
    every time?

    --
    Michael Brown
    Melbourne Australia

    Mick Brown, Oct 23, 2004
  6. Annika1980

    Skip M Guest

    Hmmm, you must be new around here! <G> Brett, aka Annika, has always
    prefaced his by now multitudinous posts with the model of camera he uses,
    from the 1v to the D60 and now to the 20D. At first, that was his only
    claim to fame, but now he's developed into a more than merely competent
    photographer.

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Skip M, Oct 23, 2004
  7. Annika1980

    Robert Barr Guest

    Brett, aka Annika, has always
    > prefaced his by now multitudinous posts with the model of camera he uses,
    > from the 1v to the D60 and now to the 20D.

    .... and apparently he's out of adjectives! Most camera models are
    prefaced with some superlative -- 'fabulous', 'totally digital',
    etcetera. I guess he had to sell the thesaurus to pay for the 20D.

    Robert Barr, Oct 23, 2004
  8. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: Robert Barr

    >... and apparently he's out of adjectives! Most camera models are
    >prefaced with some superlative -- 'fabulous', 'totally digital',
    >etcetera. I guess he had to sell the thesaurus to pay for the 20D.

    I thought about calling it the "Titillating 20D" but that's kinda hard to
    spell.

    Annika1980, Oct 23, 2004
  9. Annika1980

    Robert Barr Guest

    Robert Barr wrote:

    > Brett, aka Annika, has always
    >
    >> prefaced his by now multitudinous posts with the model of camera he
    >> uses, from the 1v to the D60 and now to the 20D.

    > ... and apparently he's out of adjectives! Most camera models are
    > prefaced with some superlative -- 'fabulous', 'totally digital',
    > etcetera. I guess he had to sell the thesaurus to pay for the 20D.

    unreal: fictitious, fabulous, visionary, imaginary
    prodigious: fantastic, fabulous, beyond description, incredible,
    unbelievable, passing belief, unbelieved, improbable, impossible
    imaginary: unhistorical, fictitious, fabulous, fabled, legendary,
    mythic, mythological, untrue
    untrue: mythological, fabulous
    super: super, superduper, fantastic, way-out, out-of-sight, fabulous,
    fab, groovy, magic
    pleasurable: wonderful, marvelous, fabulous, splendid, excellent
    noteworthy: fabulous, wonderful

    remarkable: outstanding, extraordinary, exceptional, singular, uncommon,
    unusual
    superior: outstanding, marked, distinguished, noteworthy
    remaining: outstanding, carried over
    notable: first-rate, A-1, outstanding, excelling, superior

    such: in condition, in form, in good form, skillful
    fit: capable, qualified, groomed for, made for, cut out for, skillful
    changeful: quick-change, versatile, skillful
    intelligent: capable, able, practical, skillful
    imaginative: resourceful, skillful
    businesslike: businesslike, efficient, skillful
    perfect: brilliant, masterly, skillful
    cunning: experienced, skillful
    successful: felicitous, masterly, skillful

    powerful: competent, capable, able, adequate, equal to, up to, sufficient
    knowing: experienced, competent, no stranger to, at home with,
    acquainted, familiar with, au fait with, habituated
    sufficient: enough, adequate, competent
    useful: able, competent, efficacious, effective, effectual, efficient,
    powerful
    skillful: sound, able, competent, efficient, competitive
    expert: proficient, qualified, competent, up to the mark
    authoritative: authoritative, empowered, sanctioned, approved, competent
    legal: legitimate, competent
    jurisdictional: jurisdictional, jurisdictive, competent

    wonderful, to wonder at, wondrous, marvelous, miraculous, monstrous,
    prodigious, phenomenal
    stupendous, fearful, frightening
    admirable, exquisite, excellent
    record-breaking, best
    striking, overwhelming, awesome, awe-inspiring, breathtaking, impressive
    dramatic, sensational
    shocking, scandalizing
    rare, exceptional, extraordinary, unprecedented, unusual
    remarkable, noteworthy
    strange, passing strange, odd, very odd, outré, weird, weird and
    wonderful, unaccountable, mysterious, enigmatic, puzzling
    exotic, outlandish, unheard of, extraneous
    fantastic, imaginary
    impossible, hardly possible, too good or bad to be true, improbable
    unbelievable, incredible, inconceivable, unimaginable, indescribable
    unutterable, unspeakable, ineffable, inexpressible
    surprising, unexpected
    mind-boggling, mind-blowing, astounding, amazing, shattering, bewildering
    wonder-working, thaumaturgic
    magic, like magic, magical

    Other Forms
    prodigious: prodigious, marvelous, astounding, amazing, astonishing,
    wonderful
    unusual: noteworthy, remarkable, surprising, astonishing, miraculous,
    wonderful
    impossible: miraculous, wonderful
    unbelieved: inconceivable, unthinkable, unimaginable, staggering, wonderful
    unexpected: arresting, astounding, mind-boggling, mind-blowing,
    eye-opening, staggering, amazing, wonderful
    excellent: glorious, dazzling, splendid, splendiferous, magnificent,
    marvellous, wonderful, terrific, sensational, stupendous, superb
    pleasurable: wonderful, marvelous, fabulous, splendid, excellent
    worshipful: admirable, wonderful
    noteworthy: fabulous, wonderful
    sorcerous: thaumaturgic, wonderful
    skill: mastery, mastership, wizardry, virtuosity, excellence, the right
    stuff, prowess, goodness
    sorcery: wizardry, magic skill, skill

    new (adjective)

    new, newish, recent, of recent date, of recent occurrence, overnight
    upstart, nouveau arrivé
    novel, inventive, innovative, unhackneyed, unprecedented, unheard of,
    original
    brand-new, brand-spanking new, spick and span, like new, in mint
    condition, clean
    green, evergreen, dewy, juicy, sappy, vernal
    fresh, fresh as a daisy, fresh as paint
    maiden, virgin, virginal
    newborn, young
    raw, unfledged, callow, immature
    just out, just published, hot off the press
    new-made, new-laid
    straight from the oven, factory-fresh
    untouched by human hand
    unused, first-hand
    untried, untrodden, unbeaten, unexplored, unknown
    untested, experimental
    not broken in
    budding, fledgling, aspiring, beginning

    different: original, fresh, new
    dissimilar: unprecedented, new and strange, novel, new
    original: unprecedented, fresh, novel, new
    intact: uncontaminated, unspoiled, virgin, new
    beginning: early, infant, new
    first: unprecedented, new
    unusual: newfangled, new
    lasting: evergreen, unfading, fresh, new
    not contemporary: before the times, new
    past: recently past, new
    foregoing: recent, overnight, new
    infantine: newborn, fledgling, new-fledged, unfledged, new
    early: advanced, precocious, ahead of its time, new
    changeable: newfangled, new
    revolutionary: revolutionary, new
    weak: in its beginnings, in its infancy, only beginning, infant,
    beginning, new, young, (see flimsy)
    unknown: strange, new, newfangled, unfamiliar, unprecedented
    unknown: virgin, novel, new
    unhabituated: unfamiliar, inexperienced, new to, new, raw, fresh,
    callow, green, uninstructed
    unused: untouched, unhandled, unopened, new

    Robert Barr, Oct 23, 2004
  10. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    "Thaumaturgic" sounds about right!

    Pronunciation: "tho-m&-'t&r-jik
    Function: adjective

    1 : performing miracles

    Annika1980, Oct 23, 2004
  11. Annika1980

    Mr Jessop Guest

    > >From: Robert Barr

    >>... and apparently he's out of adjectives! Most camera models are
    >>prefaced with some superlative -- 'fabulous', 'totally digital',
    >>etcetera. I guess he had to sell the thesaurus to pay for the 20D.
    >>

    > I thought about calling it the "Titillating 20D" but that's kinda hard to
    > spell.

    judging by your last few submissions how about wanktastic!

    Mr Jessop, Oct 23, 2004
  12. Georgette Preddy, Oct 24, 2004
  13. Annika1980

    GT40 Guest

    Have to watch the background. I also notice the its at f/10.0 I
    think if it was the same at say f/2.8 it might take the background out
    of focus enough.

    GT40, Oct 24, 2004
  14. Annika1980

    Don Forsling Guest

    "Georgette Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > (Annika1980) wrote in message
    >> Now this gal truly is fit to be tied.
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35381158

    > Boots of fire. Blown highlites, again.

    Alas, you're once again wrong. There's aren't any blown highlights,
    although it would have been better if the background were not in sharp
    focus. But, blown highlights on the subject? 'Fraid now.

    Don Forsling, Oct 24, 2004
  15. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Oct 24, 2004
  16. Annika1980

    Crownfield Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:

    > >From: (Georgette Preddy)

    > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35381158
    > >
    > >Boots of fire. Blown highlites, again.
    > >

    > You really do need to adjust your monitor.
    > Or else keep sounding like a dumbass.

    nothing he can do will prevent that.
    its genetic on his part.

    Crownfield, Oct 24, 2004
  17. Annika1980

    Matt Ion Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:

    >>From: Robert Barr

    >>... and apparently he's out of adjectives! Most camera models are
    >>prefaced with some superlative -- 'fabulous', 'totally digital',
    >>etcetera. I guess he had to sell the thesaurus to pay for the 20D.
    >>

    > I thought about calling it the "Titillating 20D" but that's kinda hard to
    > spell.

    Uh-huh huh huh... he said 'tit'! huhuhuuh...

    Matt Ion, Oct 24, 2004
  18. Annika1980

    Skip M Guest

    "Don Forsling" <> wrote in message

    > "Georgette Preddy" <> wrote in message
    >> (Annika1980) wrote in message
    >>> Now this gal truly is fit to be tied.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35381158

    >> Boots of fire. Blown highlites, again.

    > Alas, you're once again wrong. There's aren't any blown highlights,
    > although it would have been better if the background were not in sharp
    > focus. But, blown highlights on the subject? 'Fraid now.

    George had better get a better monitor, or get the one he has calibrated.
    But this explains how his images look so bad, yet he criticizes the images
    of others. He really isn't seeing what's there.

    Skip M, Oct 24, 2004
  19. Annika1980

    Skip M Guest

    "Crownfield" <> wrote in message
    > Annika1980 wrote:
    >>
    >> >From: (Georgette Preddy)

    >> >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35381158
    >> >
    >> >Boots of fire. Blown highlites, again.
    >> >

    >> You really do need to adjust your monitor.
    >> Or else keep sounding like a dumbass.

    > nothing he can do will prevent that.
    > its genetic on his part.

    You really shouldn't be so harsh on his parents. His problems aren't
    genetic, he's worked hard to get himself to this condition...

    Skip M, Oct 24, 2004
  20. Annika1980

    Summitar Guest

    > >> You really do need to adjust your monitor.
    > >> Or else keep sounding like a dumbass.

    > > nothing he can do will prevent that.
    > > its genetic on his part.

    > You really shouldn't be so harsh on his parents. His problems aren't
    > genetic, he's worked hard to get himself to this condition...

    Actually, Steve Giovanella (George Preddy) isn´t an idiot. He seems
    to be of average intelligence. The idiot act is just part of the
    troll costume. (Although his photography is pretty dire; I suspect he
    doesn´t know what a blown highlight looks like, and I´m quite sure he
    doesn´t know how to recover one via raw processing.)

    (Oh, and Giovanella? Shut up.)

    Summitar, Oct 24, 2004