DNS WiFi question

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Mr. Phil, Feb 24, 2004.

  1. Mr. Phil

    Mr. Phil Guest

    I have a little project in the works. I have a spare wireless router and an
    old Pentium 90 laptop computer. I hooked the wireless router directly to
    the P90 laptop and set the router at 192.168.1.99 and the P90 laptop at
    192.168.1.1. The router has DHCP enabled and the DNS pointed at
    192.168.1.1.

    The P90 laptop is running apache web server and posadis DNS server (SANS to
    be exact). What I want to do is place this setup in a busy location where
    wardrivers are likely to try connecting. (The router has no WEP enabled
    (just a login password) and no MAC filters). I want the DNS server to
    direct ANY DNS query directly to 192.168.1.1 which would be a web page of my
    choice. So if the wardriver connects and enters www.google.com, it will go
    right to my own page. SANS is showing me all the DNS queries coming in from
    yet another laptop (a PII-400 connecting via a wireless card (my test
    "wardriver" laptop), but any CNAME alias I try to create is not forwarding
    to 192.168.1.1.

    Has anyone worked with Posadis or SANS? I need help configuring it so ANY
    DNS query goes to 192.168.1.1. Please help. Thank you.

    -Phil

    Mr. Phil, Feb 24, 2004

  2. Mr. Phil

    Wizard Guest