DNS recursive query

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by sisantha, Jan 28, 2004.

  1. sisantha

    sisantha Guest

    i used to test dns forward and recursive queries on w2k3
    (2003 srvr) on dcserver with -> right click-> properties -
    >monitoring -> 1)simple query against this dns server

    ; result-> pass:
    -> 2)a recursive query to to other dns servers

    ; result -> failed:

    it used to work fine with w2k 2000 server!

    but with this new 2003 server it is not functioning!!
    I did all the prerequisities.
    can anyone give me an idea how to sole this problem.

    regards,

    sisantha.

    mcp , mcsa
    sisantha, Jan 28, 2004

  2. sisantha

    Serhiy Guest

    I believe you need Internet connection to perform recursive dns test

    > i used to test dns forward and recursive queries on w2k3
    > (2003 srvr) on dcserver with -> right click-> properties -
    > >monitoring -> 1)simple query against this dns server

    > ; result-> pass:
    > -> 2)a recursive query to to other dns servers
    >
    > ; result -> failed:
    >
    > it used to work fine with w2k 2000 server!
    >
    > but with this new 2003 server it is not functioning!!
    > I did all the prerequisities.
    > can anyone give me an idea how to sole this problem.
    >
    > regards,
    >

    > sisantha.
    >
    > mcp , mcsa

    Regards,
    Serhiy Kuzhanov
    MCSE, MCSA, CCNP, CCDA, Network+, Security+
    More info can be found at http://www.kuzhanov.net
    Serhiy, Jan 28, 2004