    I am using Router as internet server with DNS.
    If i configure it there users can connect to my configured sites
    locally.
    Ts8060, Nov 11, 2009

  2. Ts8060

    Guest

    Hi,

    Could you be more specific? You need to let internet users access your
    web-servers. Am I correct?

    Giorgos

    --

    NetPros Community
    Connecting IT Pros from all over the World

    On 11 ÍïÝ, 10:32, Ts8060 <> wrote:
    > I want to configure DNS Record in CISCO Router.
    > I am using Router as internet server with DNS.
    > If i configure it there users can connect to my configured sites
    > locally.
    , Nov 11, 2009

  3. Ts8060

    Ts8060 Guest

    On Nov 11, 12:50 am, "" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Could you be more specific? You need to let internet users access your
    > web-servers. Am I correct?
    >
    > Giorgos
    >
    > --
    >
    > NetPros Community
    > Connecting IT Pros from all over the Worldhttp://netpros.freeforums.org
    >
    > On 11 ÍïÝ, 10:32, Ts8060 <> wrote:
    >
    > > I want to configure DNS Record in CISCO Router.
    > > I am using Router as internet server with DNS.
    > > If i configure it there users can connect to my configured sites
    > > locally.

    Sorry. I am not so good in English.
    in shortly i want to configure DNS A record in CISCO router.
    If i configure it if internet is disabled in outside. My users can see
    some web pages in locally.
    Is that possible.

    Such As : www.icb.mn -> A: 202.5.199.3
    Ts8060, Nov 12, 2009
  4. Ts8060

    Guest

    Hi,

    Adding a host record the way it is done on Microsoft DNS servers is
    not possible on Cisco routers.
    You can configure a Cisco router for DNS lookups, adding specific name
    servers. You can't add host records the way you describe.
    If internet access is restricted on your network, you could add an ACL
    with the clients you want to access the website or the websites, so
    they will be the only ones with access to that websites.

    PS. Don't worry about your English. It's not my native language
    either.. ;)

    --

    On 12 Îοέ, 03:13, Ts8060 <> wrote:
    > > On 11 ÃïÃ, 10:32, Ts8060 <> wrote:

    > > > I want to configure DNS Record in CISCO Router.
    > > > I am using Router as internet server with DNS.
    > > > If i configure it there users can connect to my configured sites
    > > > locally.

    > Sorry. I am not so good in English.
    > in shortly i want to configure DNS A record in CISCO router.
    > If i configure it if internet is disabled in outside. My users can see
    > some web pages in locally.
    > Is that possible.
    >
    > Such As :www.icb.mn-> A: 202.5.199.3- ΑπόκÏυψη κειμένου σε παÏάθεση -
    >
    > - Εμφάνιση κειμένου σε παÏάθεση -
    , Nov 12, 2009
  5. Ts8060 wrote:

    > Sorry. I am not so good in English.
    > in shortly i want to configure DNS A record in CISCO router.
    > If i configure it if internet is disabled in outside. My users can see
    > some web pages in locally.
    > Is that possible.
    >
    > Such As : www.icb.mn -> A: 202.5.199.3

    See:

    Configuring DNS
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios...TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

    "A Cisco IOS router can provide service to DNS clients, acting as both a
    caching name server and as an authoritative name server for its own local
    host table."

    Rgds,
    Martin
    Martin Gallagher, Nov 12, 2009
  6. Ts8060

    MK Guest

    Martin Gallagher wrote:
    > Ts8060 wrote:
    >
    >> Sorry. I am not so good in English.
    >> in shortly i want to configure DNS A record in CISCO router.
    >> If i configure it if internet is disabled in outside. My users can see
    >> some web pages in locally.
    >> Is that possible.
    >>
    >> Such As : www.icb.mn -> A: 202.5.199.3

    > See:
    >
    > Configuring DNS
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios...TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

    > "A Cisco IOS router can provide service to DNS clients, acting as both a
    > caching name server and as an authoritative name server for its own local
    > host table."

    Hello,
    Why not installed DNS server inside your network?

    Thanks
    MK, Nov 25, 2009