DNS QUESTION

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by *FESWANY, Jan 27, 2005.

  1. *FESWANY

    *FESWANY Guest

    MY NETWORK IS

    LAB.COM (SERVER 1) (S1)
    MARKET.LAB.COM (SERVER 2) (S2)
    ASIA.MARKET.LAB.COM (SERVER 3) (S3)

    I INSTALL ACTIVE DIRECTORY ON SERVER (S3) AS CHILD OF (S2) . AND
    TOLD
    IT THAT (S2) IS ITS DNS SERVER
    INSTALLATION IS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY . AFTER THAT I OPEN THE DNS OF
    LAB.COM (S1) AND I FIND 2 ZONES ONLY
    1) LAB.COM
    2) MARKET.LAB.COM

    AND ASIA APPEAR AS DOMAIN IN MARKET .COM AS FOLDER AND IT CONTAIN
    DEFAULT ACTIVE DIRECTORY DNS RECORDS , A AND NS RECORD.

    QUESTION ?

    1) HOW CAN I MAKE (ASIA) DNS OF IT SELF AND MAKE ZONE NAMED
    (ASIA.LAB.COM) ON (S3) ??I WANT IT TO APPEAR AS LAB.COM NOT AS FOLDER??
    2) COULD I MAKE LAB.COM & MARKET.LAB.COM IN ONE ZONE INSTEAD OF TWO ?
    3) HOW CAN I DELEGATE MARKET.LAB.COM ZONE FROM (S1) TO (S2) IN DETAILS
    PLEASE. STEPS I SHOULD DO IN BOTH (S1) & (S2).
    *FESWANY, Jan 27, 2005

  2. *FESWANY

    LnkWizard Guest

    Didn't you ask this same question in the MCSE newsgroup?

    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com

    LnkWizard, Jan 27, 2005