DNS QUESTION

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by *FESWANY, Jan 26, 2005.

  1. *FESWANY

    *FESWANY Guest

    MY NETWORK IS

    LAB.COM (SERVER 1) (S1)
    MARKET.LAB.COM (SERVER 2) (S2)
    ASIA.MARKET.LAB.COM (SERVER 3) (S3)

    I INSTALL ACTIVE DIRECTORY ON SERVER (S3) AS CHILD OF (S2) . AND TOLD
    IT THAT (S2) IS ITS DNS SERVER
    INSTALLATION IS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY . AFTER THAT I OPEN THE DNS OF
    LAB.COM (S1) AND I FIND 2 ZONES ONLY
    1) LAB.COM
    2) MARKET.LAB.COM

    AND ASIA APPEAR AS DOMAIN IN MARKET .COM AS FOLDER AND IT CONTAIN
    DEFAULT ACTIVE DIRECTORY DNS RECORDS , A AND NS RECORD.

    QUESTION ?

    1) HOW CAN I MAKE (ASIA) DNS OF IT SELF AND MAKE ZONE NAMED
    (ASIA.LAB.COM) ON (S3) ??
    2) COULD I MAKE LAB.COM & MARKET.LAB.COM IN ONE ZONE INSTEAD OF TWO ?
    3) HOW CAN I DELEGATE MARKET.LAB.COM ZONE FROM (S1) TO (S2) IN DETAILS
    PLEASE. STEPS I SHOULD DO IN BOTH (S1) & (S2).
    *FESWANY, Jan 26, 2005

  2. delete everything, leave nothing behind.

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:51:19 +0200, "*FESWANY"
    <> wrote:

    > MY NETWORK IS
    >
    > LAB.COM (SERVER 1) (S1)
    > MARKET.LAB.COM (SERVER 2) (S2)
    > ASIA.MARKET.LAB.COM (SERVER 3) (S3)
    >

    > I INSTALL ACTIVE DIRECTORY ON SERVER (S3) AS CHILD OF (S2) . AND TOLD
    >IT THAT (S2) IS ITS DNS SERVER
    > INSTALLATION IS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY . AFTER THAT I OPEN THE DNS OF
    >LAB.COM (S1) AND I FIND 2 ZONES ONLY
    > 1) LAB.COM
    > 2) MARKET.LAB.COM
    >
    > AND ASIA APPEAR AS DOMAIN IN MARKET .COM AS FOLDER AND IT CONTAIN
    >DEFAULT ACTIVE DIRECTORY DNS RECORDS , A AND NS RECORD.
    >
    > QUESTION ?
    >
    > 1) HOW CAN I MAKE (ASIA) DNS OF IT SELF AND MAKE ZONE NAMED
    >(ASIA.LAB.COM) ON (S3) ??
    > 2) COULD I MAKE LAB.COM & MARKET.LAB.COM IN ONE ZONE INSTEAD OF TWO ?
    > 3) HOW CAN I DELEGATE MARKET.LAB.COM ZONE FROM (S1) TO (S2) IN DETAILS
    >PLEASE. STEPS I SHOULD DO IN BOTH (S1) & (S2).

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 26, 2005

  3. >-----Original Message-----
    > MY NETWORK IS
    >
    > LAB.COM (SERVER

    1) (S1)
    > MARKET.LAB.COM (SERVER 2) (S2)
    > ASIA.MARKET.LAB.COM (SERVER 3) (S3)
    >

    > I INSTALL ACTIVE DIRECTORY ON SERVER (S3) AS CHILD

    OF (S2) . AND TOLD
    >IT THAT (S2) IS ITS DNS SERVER
    > INSTALLATION IS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY . AFTER THAT I

    OPEN THE DNS OF
    >LAB.COM (S1) AND I FIND 2 ZONES ONLY
    > 1) LAB.COM
    > 2) MARKET.LAB.COM
    >
    > AND ASIA APPEAR AS DOMAIN IN MARKET .COM AS FOLDER

    AND IT CONTAIN
    >DEFAULT ACTIVE DIRECTORY DNS RECORDS , A AND NS RECORD.
    >
    > QUESTION ?
    >
    > 1) HOW CAN I MAKE (ASIA) DNS OF IT SELF AND MAKE ZONE

    NAMED
    >(ASIA.LAB.COM) ON (S3) ??
    > 2) COULD I MAKE LAB.COM & MARKET.LAB.COM IN ONE ZONE

    INSTEAD OF TWO ?
    > 3) HOW CAN I DELEGATE MARKET.LAB.COM ZONE FROM (S1) TO

    (S2) IN DETAILS
    >PLEASE. STEPS I SHOULD DO IN BOTH (S1) & (S2).

    Consult a qualified individual to handle your networking
    solutions and go back to your cubicle.
    Keyboard Cowboy, Jan 26, 2005
  4. *FESWANY

    catwalker63 Guest

    Quit shouting! My head hurts!

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "Eat your cereal with a fork and do your homework in the dark."
    catwalker63, Jan 26, 2005
  5. *FESWANY

    Neil Guest

    did you hear catwalker63 <> say in

    > My head hurts!

    I used to say that to my Dad...till he told me that it was my face that
    was buggin him

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    nerd32768 and annoy the rest of us
    Neil, Jan 26, 2005
  6. *FESWANY

    Kurt Guest

    Take a look at delegated DNS zones. The asia zone should be created on both
    the market DC and the asia DC, but the asia zone on the market server should
    be delegated to the asia server. So in reality the asia server handles the
    zone, but queries for that zone to the market server will be sent back down.
    The market server acts as a kind of proactive proxy asia zone, performing
    sort of "backward" forwarding (forwarding normally is an exclusively
    upstream process, but delegation allows it to go downstream).

    ....kurt

    Kurt, Jan 27, 2005
  7. *FESWANY

    *FESWANY Guest

    ok handle it for me MR. qualified

    "Keyboard Cowboy" <> wrote in
    message news:260801c503cf$06651a90$...

    *FESWANY, Jan 27, 2005
  8. You cannot afford my rates.

    (SERVER

    Keyboard Cowboy, Jan 27, 2005
  9. > ok handle it for me MR. qualified

    exactly why did you quit burger king?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 27, 2005
  10. *FESWANY

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    In news:,
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.@> rambled:
    >> ok handle it for me MR. qualified

    > exactly why did you quit burger king?
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    DING FRIES ARE DONE!
    DING FRIES ARE DONE!

    WOULD YOU LIKE AN APPLE PIE WITH THAT??
    WOULD YOU LIKE AN APPLE PIE WITH THAT?

    DING FRIES ARE DONE!
    DING FRIES ARE DONE!

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    nerd32768's "power of twos" decree prompted me to say this:
    "www.mcngp.com."
    Ken Briscoe, Jan 27, 2005
  11. *FESWANY

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, *FESWANY climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    > ok handle it for me MR. qualified

    MCSE= Must Consult Someone Else.

    You have a funny way of asking for help. Let's see, FESWANY. Nope, I don't
    know you. I'm becoming convinced that if I did know you, I wouldn't like
    you. I'm positive I'm not being paid by you. So, why should we bail you
    out?

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110