dns / nslookup question

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Tim Moor, Jan 2, 2006.

  1. Tim Moor

    Tim Moor Guest

    hello mcsa-ng

    i found the following question in a testking examen preparation. can you
    please explain me, why answer c is correst.

    thank you very much

    tim

    You are the network administrator for TestKing.com. The network consists of
    two Active

    Directory domains named testking.com and corp.testking.com. All DNS zones
    are

    configured to be Active Directory-integrated zones.

    You create a global security group named ConsoleAdmins in corp.testking.com.
    You add a

    member of the Domain Users global group named Anne to ConsoleAdmins.

    Anne logs on to her Windows XP Professional computer named Testking1. Anne
    runs the

    nslookup command and receives the output shown in the exhibit.

    Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

    [C] Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp

    C:\Documents and Settings\test1>nslookup

    Default Server: server2.corp.testking.com

    Address: 192.168.2.47

    > testking1.corp.testking.com

    Server: server2.corp.testking.com

    Address: 192.168.2.47

    Name: testking1.corp.testking.com

    Address: 192.168.2.27

    > testking.com

    Server: server2.corp.testking.com

    Address: 192.168.2.47

    Name: testking.com

    Addresses: 192.168.2.45, 179.254.25.142

    > ls -d corp.testking.com

    [server2.corp.testking.com]

    *** Can't list domain corp.testking.com: Query refused

    You need to configure the zone properties to ensure that Anne can list the
    contents of

    corp.testking.com from Testking1.

    What should you do?

    A. Allow zone transfers to 192.168.2.47.

    B. Allow zone transfers to 192.168.2.45.

    C. Allow zone transfers to 192.168.2.27.

    D. Allow zone transfers to 169.254.25.142.

    E. Assign the ConsoleAdmins group the Allow - Full Control permission.

    F. Assign the ConsoleAdmins group the Allow - List Contents permission.

    Answer: C
    Tim Moor, Jan 2, 2006

  2. Tim Moor

    CG101 Guest

    "Tim Moor" <> wrote in message
    > hello mcsa-ng
    >
    > i found the following question in a testking examen preparation. can you
    > please explain me, why answer c is correst.
    >

    > thank you very much
    >
    > tim
    >

    > You are the network administrator for TestKing.com. The network consists

    of
    > two Active
    >
    > Directory domains named testking.com and corp.testking.com. All DNS zones
    > are
    >
    > configured to be Active Directory-integrated zones.
    >
    > You create a global security group named ConsoleAdmins in

    corp.testking.com.
    > You add a
    >
    > member of the Domain Users global group named Anne to ConsoleAdmins.
    >
    > Anne logs on to her Windows XP Professional computer named Testking1. Anne
    > runs the
    >
    > nslookup command and receives the output shown in the exhibit.
    >

    > Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    >
    > [C] Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\test1>nslookup
    >
    > Default Server: server2.corp.testking.com
    >
    > Address: 192.168.2.47
    >
    > > testking1.corp.testking.com

    > Server: server2.corp.testking.com
    >
    > Address: 192.168.2.47
    >
    > Name: testking1.corp.testking.com
    >
    > Address: 192.168.2.27
    >
    > > testking.com

    > Server: server2.corp.testking.com
    >
    > Address: 192.168.2.47
    >
    > Name: testking.com
    >
    > Addresses: 192.168.2.45, 179.254.25.142
    >
    > > ls -d corp.testking.com

    > [server2.corp.testking.com]
    >
    > *** Can't list domain corp.testking.com: Query refused
    >
    > You need to configure the zone properties to ensure that Anne can list the
    > contents of
    >
    > corp.testking.com from Testking1.
    >
    > What should you do?
    >

    > A. Allow zone transfers to 192.168.2.47.
    >
    > B. Allow zone transfers to 192.168.2.45.
    >
    > C. Allow zone transfers to 192.168.2.27.
    >
    > D. Allow zone transfers to 169.254.25.142.
    >
    > E. Assign the ConsoleAdmins group the Allow - Full Control permission.
    >
    > F. Assign the ConsoleAdmins group the Allow - List Contents permission.
    >

    > Answer: C

    I definitely could answer this question in your affirmative, however doing
    so would condone your braindumping @$$FSCKER ways....so here's what I will
    propose instead.....

    1) Spend a few bucks on MS-Press books (70-290 and 70-291)

    2) Get rid of your Testking as it is cheating and violates Microsoft's NDA
    because you have actual MS exam questions.

    3) Get some hands on and figure AD out....it isn't that hard.

    4) Read some TechNet articles.....

    5) Earn your cert @$$FSCKER!!!

    --
    Cruz
    CompTIA A+ Certified, CompTIA Network+ Certified
    CG101, Jan 3, 2006