    It stated Could not flush the DNS resolver cache.Function failed during
    execution. I have window XP home edition Service Pack two. Can anybody here
    help but bearing in mind I am not technically very good at all please?

    Jack, Aug 30, 2007

  2. Jack

    Guest

    "Jack" <> wrote:

    >I cannot get my ethernet connection to connect. When I try 'repair' it
    >states 'windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following
    >action cannot be completed: Clearing DNS cache. Following what I had read on
    >a help site I tried cmd then ipconfig/flushdns but that didn't work either.
    >It stated Could not flush the DNS resolver cache.Function failed during
    >execution. I have window XP home edition Service Pack two. Can anybody here
    >help but bearing in mind I am not technically very good at all please?

    A service has been disabled.

    Start | Run <type in>
    services.msc
    <enter>

    Start your DNS CLIENT auto, start, apply

    It's suggest if you run a HOSTS file, to disable your DNS CLIENT
    Mine is, and I always get the
    "Could not flush the DNS Resolver Cache: Function failed during
    execution." error on a fluxh...

    --
    Golf Shot
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=zKcBTaTed0Q

    , Aug 30, 2007

  3. Jack

    Mike Easter Guest

    Jack wrote:
    > I cannot get my ethernet connection to connect.

    You cannot get your ethernet connection to connect to what?

    > I have window XP home edition
    > Service Pack two.

    Well, that's your OS. What is the network? ... starting with what is
    the ethernet 'NIC' or mobo ethernet as recognized by XP and what is it
    trying to connect to and how? wirelessly? a router? What is the
    router's brand and model? A DSL or cable modem? What kind?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Aug 30, 2007
  4. Jack

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Do what Pennywise said then download my Winsock fix tool and run it.
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/winsock.zip

    pcbutts1, Aug 30, 2007
  5. Jack

    Leythos Guest

    In article <fb57oi$6d4$>, pcbutts1
    @leythosthestalker.com says...

    > Do what Pennywise said then download my Winsock fix tool and run it.

    Never download files from a PORNO site, one that exposes kids to porn.

    The Winsock Fix tool can be downloaded from many ethical sites, I've
    listed a ethical one below:

    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/winsock.htm

    --
    Leythos - (remove 999 to email me)

    and put on his website: http://www.webservertalk.com/message1907860.html
    3rd link shows what he's exposed to children (the link I've include does
    not directly display his filth). You can find the same information by
    googling for 'PCBUTTS1' and 'exposed to kids'.

    Leythos, Aug 30, 2007
  6. Jack

    Jack Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > Jack wrote:
    >> I cannot get my ethernet connection to connect.

    > You cannot get your ethernet connection to connect to what?
    >
    >> I have window XP home edition
    >> Service Pack two.

    > Well, that's your OS. What is the network? ... starting with what is
    > the ethernet 'NIC' or mobo ethernet as recognized by XP and what is it
    > trying to connect to and how? wirelessly? a router? What is the
    > router's brand and model? A DSL or cable modem? What kind?

    I am sorry I thought the information I gave was enough. I was wrong
    obviously. I have recently installed a BTHub and it doesn't work very well.
    It loses the wireless signal easily so I wanted to connect to it via an
    ethernet cable. As you can tell I am with BT internet BB. I do not know the
    NIC or mobo. The router is BTs own brand.
    jack

    Jack, Aug 30, 2007
  7. Jack

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Sorry stalker I don't need one, I have my own.

    pcbutts1, Aug 30, 2007
  8. Jack

    Jack Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "Jack" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I cannot get my ethernet connection to connect. When I try 'repair' it
    >>states 'windows could not finish repairing the problem because the
    >>following
    >>action cannot be completed: Clearing DNS cache. Following what I had read
    >>on
    >>a help site I tried cmd then ipconfig/flushdns but that didn't work
    >>either.
    >>It stated Could not flush the DNS resolver cache.Function failed during
    >>execution. I have window XP home edition Service Pack two. Can anybody
    >>here
    >>help but bearing in mind I am not technically very good at all please?

    > A service has been disabled.
    >
    > Start | Run <type in>
    > services.msc
    > <enter>
    >
    > Start your DNS CLIENT auto, start, apply
    >
    > It's suggest if you run a HOSTS file, to disable your DNS CLIENT
    > Mine is, and I always get the
    > "Could not flush the DNS Resolver Cache: Function failed during
    > execution." error on a fluxh...

    I tried following your instruction but it lead me into places I do not
    understand so I quit and left the settings the same.
    jack

    Jack, Aug 30, 2007
  9. Jack

    Jack Guest

    "Leythos" <> wrote in message
    > In article <fb57oi$6d4$>, pcbutts1
    > @leythosthestalker.com says...
    >>
    >> Do what Pennywise said then download my Winsock fix tool and run it.

    > Never download files from a PORNO site, one that exposes kids to porn.
    >
    > The Winsock Fix tool can be downloaded from many ethical sites, I've
    > listed a ethical one below:
    >
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/winsock.htm

    Lethos and PC Butts, thanks but going there is way beyond my ability.

    jack

    Jack, Aug 30, 2007
  10. Jack

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > "Leythos" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <fb57oi$6d4$>, pcbutts1
    > > @leythosthestalker.com says...
    > >>
    > >> Do what Pennywise said then download my Winsock fix tool and run it.

    > > Never download files from a PORNO site, one that exposes kids to porn.
    > >
    > > The Winsock Fix tool can be downloaded from many ethical sites, I've
    > > listed a ethical one below:
    > >
    > > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/winsock.htm

    > Lethos and PC Butts, thanks but going there is way beyond my ability.

    Unlike PCBUTTS1 porn hosting site that he pointed you to, the website I
    sent you to has instructions and it's really easy to use the tool. Try
    it, it just takes a couple seconds.

    --
    Leythos - (remove 999 to email me)

    Fight exposing kids to porn, complain about sites like PCBUTTS1.COM that
    create filth and put it on the web for any kid to see: Just take a look
    at some of the FILTH he's created and put on his website:
    http://forums.speedguide.net/archive/index.php/t-223485.html all exposed
    'exposed to kids'.

    Leythos, Aug 30, 2007
  11. Jack

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Don't listen to Leythos, ignore him. All you have to do is click on this
    link to download my Winsock fix tool, it is automatic

    pcbutts1, Aug 30, 2007
  12. Jack

    Leythos Guest

    In article <fb5efc$mli$>, pcbutts1
    @leythosthestalker.com says...
    > Don't listen to Leythos, ignore him. All you have to do is click on this
    > link to download my Winsock fix tool, it is automatic
    > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/winsock.zip

    Why should he ignore me?

    You didn't provide any help, didn't provide any instructions, and the
    file is from another site that you pirated it from.

    Why would you want people to download fixes taken from other sites and
    made available on your PORN HOSTING SITE?

    Leythos, Aug 30, 2007
  13. Jack

    Guest

    "Jack" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> "Jack" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I cannot get my ethernet connection to connect. When I try 'repair' it
    >>>states 'windows could not finish repairing the problem because the
    >>>following
    >>>action cannot be completed: Clearing DNS cache. Following what I had read
    >>>on
    >>>a help site I tried cmd then ipconfig/flushdns but that didn't work
    >>>either.
    >>>It stated Could not flush the DNS resolver cache.Function failed during
    >>>execution. I have window XP home edition Service Pack two. Can anybody
    >>>here
    >>>help but bearing in mind I am not technically very good at all please?

    >> A service has been disabled.
    >>
    >> Start | Run <type in>
    >> services.msc
    >> <enter>
    >>
    >> Start your DNS CLIENT auto, start, apply
    >>
    >> It's suggest if you run a HOSTS file, to disable your DNS CLIENT
    >> Mine is, and I always get the
    >> "Could not flush the DNS Resolver Cache: Function failed during
    >> execution." error on a fluxh...

    >I tried following your instruction but it lead me into places I do not
    >understand so I quit and left the settings the same.
    >jack

    Maybe this link will help
    http://www.jasonn.com/turning_off_unnecessary_services_on_windows_xp
    Do what you need to turn it on. - BUT seeing as it's off, don't let
    the Flush error message bother you, continue on and ingnore it; As I
    mentioned I have it disabled and always get that error on
    Ipconfig /flushdns

    --
    Paris Hilton Photographed Screwing by the Pool
    http://tinyurl.com/2pm6e9

    , Aug 30, 2007
  14. Jack

    Mike Easter Guest

    Jack wrote:
    > "Mike Easter"
    >> Jack wrote:
    >>> I cannot get my ethernet connection to connect.

    > I have recently installed a BTHub and it doesn't work very
    > well. It loses the wireless signal easily so I wanted to connect to
    > it via an ethernet cable.

    That wired idea sounds like a good troubleshooting plan.

    > do not know the NIC or mobo. The router is BTs own brand.

    So the target computer has both a wireless and a wired network
    connectivity. That causes me to think that it is a laptop. That means
    that we have a laptop XP trying to sort it out about whether it is
    connecting wired ethernet or wirelessly.

    I see BT promoting this:
    http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayProduct.do?productId=CON-3305
    Create a home network and share broadband with all the computers in your
    home.

    Now I'm scooting over to 'what you need' & 'find out more'... then I get
    in here http://snipurl.com/1q3za The following resources are available
    for the BT Home Hub -- Documentation -- Home Hub User Guide -- Home Hub
    Additional Services

    Hmmm. That's pretty different. The userguide sez "Please do not
    connect your computer to the Hub yet. We'll tell you when and how to
    connect later."

    That's different than I would setup an ethernet network. The entire
    userguide never connects the computer to the Hub by ethernet. I wonder
    when that is going to happen. The userguide only takes me to where you
    put a CD into the computer which isn't hooked up to the hub by ethernet;
    so I'm going to have to go somewhere else.

    Here's one http://www.frequencycast.co.uk/homehub.html The BT Home Hub
    Explored

    Aha! Here's some goodstuff "The default IP address for the BT Home Hub
    is http://192.168.1.254 "

    So, if we are going to troubleshoot your wireless vs wired connectivity
    problems, you are going to have to go to your networking configuration
    in the control panel and figure out how XP is using and recognizing your
    hardware.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Aug 30, 2007
  15. Jack

    pete Guest

    On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 21:13:28 -0700, "Mike Easter" <>
    wrote:

    >Jack wrote:

    >> I have recently installed a BTHub and it doesn't work very
    >> well. It loses the wireless signal easily so I wanted to connect to
    >> it via an ethernet cable.

    >That wired idea sounds like a good troubleshooting plan.

    >> do not know the NIC or mobo. The router is BTs own brand.

    >So the target computer has both a wireless and a wired network
    >connectivity. That causes me to think that it is a laptop. That means
    >that we have a laptop XP trying to sort it out about whether it is
    >connecting wired ethernet or wirelessly.
    >
    >I see BT promoting this:
    >http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayProduct.do?productId=CON-3305
    >Create a home network and share broadband with all the computers in your
    >home.
    >
    >Now I'm scooting over to 'what you need' & 'find out more'... then I get
    >in here http://snipurl.com/1q3za The following resources are available
    >for the BT Home Hub -- Documentation -- Home Hub User Guide -- Home Hub
    >Additional Services
    >
    >Hmmm. That's pretty different. The userguide sez "Please do not
    >connect your computer to the Hub yet. We'll tell you when and how to
    >connect later."
    >
    >That's different than I would setup an ethernet network. The entire
    >userguide never connects the computer to the Hub by ethernet. I wonder
    >when that is going to happen. The userguide only takes me to where you
    >put a CD into the computer which isn't hooked up to the hub by ethernet;
    >so I'm going to have to go somewhere else.
    >
    >Here's one http://www.frequencycast.co.uk/homehub.html The BT Home Hub
    >Explored
    >
    >Aha! Here's some goodstuff "The default IP address for the BT Home Hub
    >is http://192.168.1.254 "
    >
    >So, if we are going to troubleshoot your wireless vs wired connectivity
    >problems, you are going to have to go to your networking configuration
    >in the control panel and figure out how XP is using and recognizing your
    >hardware.

    Mike I also asked on the BT ng. I have a desktop which is connected
    via a wireless connection but I cannot get it to connect via ethernet.
    I have now cleared the cache this way;
    I went here http://www.jsifaq.com/SF/Tips/Tip.aspx?id=10577

    I put in the command cmd.exe and then followed the instuctions.
    It has cleared the cache but the ethernet still will not connect.
    I have tried repairing it and I get Windows finished repairing your
    connection. You can try connecting again. It didn't work so I totally
    disconnected the hub for an hour and then re-connected and re-booted
    and still I cannot get the ethernet to connect.

    When I first installed the hub I followed the instructions and then
    inserted the CD which virtually took over and installed everything
    itself. I don't know how to do anything with the networking
    configuration?
    jack
    http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich

    pete, Aug 31, 2007
  16. Jack

    Jack Guest

    "pete" <> wrote in message
> [...]

    >>hardware.

    > Mike I also asked on the BT ng. I have a desktop which is connected
    > via a wireless connection but I cannot get it to connect via ethernet.
    > I have now cleared the cache this way;
    > I went here http://www.jsifaq.com/SF/Tips/Tip.aspx?id=10577
    >
    > I put in the command cmd.exe and then followed the instuctions.
    > It has cleared the cache but the ethernet still will not connect.
    > I have tried repairing it and I get Windows finished repairing your
    > connection. You can try connecting again. It didn't work so I totally
    > disconnected the hub for an hour and then re-connected and re-booted
    > and still I cannot get the ethernet to connect.
    >
    > When I first installed the hub I followed the instructions and then
    > inserted the CD which virtually took over and installed everything
    > itself. I don't know how to do anything with the networking

    Mike I followed all the instructions folks on the BT help ng could suggest.
    Nothing worked and as a last resort I put the installation cd back in. When
    it got to the choice of wired or wireless I chose wireless and it worked.
    Thanks for your help and I hope this little smidgin of information may help
    you help anyone else that has the same problem. Thanks.
    jack

    Jack, Sep 1, 2007