    where do i see these DNS objects in AD? i can see everything just fine in
    the DNS snap in but i dont know where to search in active directory users
    and groups. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    John Smith, Feb 21, 2006

  2. John Smith

    Wayne Guest

    "John Smith" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    > I've been playin with DNS, and i'm learning alot. the only thing i have a
    > question about is AD-Integrated dns. i was reading a ms press book and it
    > says that all AD-I primary zones get stored in AD and replicated thru AD.
    > where do i see these DNS objects in AD? i can see everything just fine in
    > the DNS snap in but i dont know where to search in active directory users
    > and groups. any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Open Active Directory Users and Computers. Under the "View" menu, check
    "Advanced Features" You'll now see a folder called "System", under that is
    MicrosoftDNS.

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz
    MCNGP Silver
    MCP Windows NT 3.51 and Windows 95
    Wayne, Feb 21, 2006

  3. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    I did that first, but i thought i was doing something wrong. I went back in
    and did it you said and the same thing, nothing is in there. i only have one
    dc so do you think thats why i i'm not seeing it? do i have to force a
    replication?

    John Smith, Feb 21, 2006
  4. John Smith

    Wayne Guest

    "John Smith" <> wrote in message
    >I did that first, but i thought i was doing something wrong. I went back in
    > and did it you said and the same thing, nothing is in there. i only have
    > one
    > dc so do you think thats why i i'm not seeing it? do i have to force a
    > replication?

    Same here mate :) But, if you had more than 1 DC you'd see the information
    that is being replicated. You cant force a replication with only 1 DC.

    Wayne
    Wayne, Feb 21, 2006
  5. John Smith

    LRM Guest

    "John Smith" <> wrote in message
    >I did that first, but i thought i was doing something wrong. I went back in
    > and did it you said and the same thing, nothing is in there. i only have
    > one
    > dc so do you think thats why i i'm not seeing it? do i have to force a
    > replication?

    Install another server using VMWare, or Virtual PC, promote it, config your
    dns etc... and you should see the directories under System. You would be
    able to force replication then because your dc would have another dc to play
    with.
    Enjoy.

    --
    LRM