    The DVD-R as an 1x-4x. I used diffrent DVD-R (sky & medianca)
    The DVD-R makes no problem in a DVD burner.
    What can be the problem?
    Andy, May 20, 2004

  2. Andy

    Java Jive Guest

    To see if low quality media is the problem (never even heard of those
    brands), suggest seeing if the same thing happens with a Panasonic DVD-RAM
    and a Panasonic DVD-R. If even Panny media give problems, then you know
    you've got faulty kit, take it back for replacement or repair.

    "Andy" <agutzwilatfreesurf.ch> wrote in message
    > I want to copy movies from the HDD to the DVD-R in High-Speed mode.
    > The copy starts but after half the time the system stops/hangs. The
    > the DMR-E100H makes an autorestart and a selfcheck. After a long time
    > a have to confrom an unknown error with "enter". Then the DVD-R is no
    > more readable and it is really tricky to eject the disk.
    > The DVD-R as an 1x-4x. I used diffrent DVD-R (sky & medianca)
    > The DVD-R makes no problem in a DVD burner.
    > What can be the problem?

    ---
    Java Jive, May 20, 2004

  3. Andy

    Java Jive Guest

    A further thought ...

    Have you changed the "DVD-Rec for High Speed mode" setting to "On" (man
    p59)? If not "Hybrid VBR Resoution" will not be "Fixed", and the dubbing
    may be bombing out when it encounters a change in resolution, eg: to one not
    supported by DVD.

    "Java Jive" <> wrote in message
    > To see if low quality media is the problem (never even heard of those
    > brands), suggest seeing if the same thing happens with a Panasonic DVD-RAM
    > and a Panasonic DVD-R. If even Panny media give problems, then you know
    > you've got faulty kit, take it back for replacement or repair.
    >
    > "Andy" <agutzwilatfreesurf.ch> wrote in message
    > > I want to copy movies from the HDD to the DVD-R in High-Speed mode.
    > > The copy starts but after half the time the system stops/hangs. The
    > > the DMR-E100H makes an autorestart and a selfcheck. After a long time
    > > a have to confrom an unknown error with "enter". Then the DVD-R is no
    > > more readable and it is really tricky to eject the disk.
    > > The DVD-R as an 1x-4x. I used diffrent DVD-R (sky & medianca)
    > > The DVD-R makes no problem in a DVD burner.
    > > What can be the problem?

    > ---

    ---
    Java Jive, May 20, 2004
  4. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Today I made a few additional testst
    I copied always more than one movie from HD to DVD-R. Once it works
    then it fails again.
    Then I did the following with the same to movies which failed in the
    first copy.
    I copied each movie sepratly to the same DVD-R. In this case the copy
    works fine.
    Not all movies on the HD are in the same quality. May be the dubbing
    process has a problem if you copy more than one movie and they are in
    different quality levels

    Andy, May 20, 2004
  5. Andy

    Java Jive Guest

    What are your "DVD-Rec for High Speed mode" & "Hybrid VBR Resoution"
    settings?

    > Today I made a few additional testst
    > I copied always more than one movie from HD to DVD-R. Once it works
    > then it fails again.
    > Then I did the following with the same to movies which failed in the
    > first copy.
    > I copied each movie sepratly to the same DVD-R. In this case the copy
    > works fine.
    > Not all movies on the HD are in the same quality. May be the dubbing
    > process has a problem if you copy more than one movie and they are in
    > different quality levels
    >
    > "Java Jive" <> schrieb:
    >
    > >A further thought ...
    > >
    > >Have you changed the "DVD-Rec for High Speed mode" setting to "On" (man
    > >p59)? If not "Hybrid VBR Resoution" will not be "Fixed", and the dubbing
    > >may be bombing out when it encounters a change in resolution, eg: to one

    not
    > >supported by DVD.

    ---
    Java Jive, May 20, 2004