    should have "dma" ticked under properties in device manager on both drives?
    At the moment it is only on one of the drives,
    Thanx in advance for any replies.

    EarlyLearner, Jul 7, 2003

  2. EarlyLearner

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jul 7, 2003

  3. EarlyLearner

    Shep© Guest

    On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 15:03:32 +0100, In this world we created
    "EarlyLearner" <> wrote :

    >Hi All,
    >I'm Running W98se with two 40gig h/drives, could somebody tell me if I
    >should have "dma" ticked under properties in device manager on both drives?
    >At the moment it is only on one of the drives,
    >Thanx in advance for any replies.

    All DMA capable devices should have it enabled.If you cannot
    successfully enable it on all drives that support it you have a
    problem somewhere in the system either hardware or software.This can
    in some cases require an updated mother board drivers pack on a
    supplied CD or from the mother board maker's site or the mother board
    chip set maker's site.
    Note:
    With DMA disabled on devices that support it the drive speeds will be
    crippled.
    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,