  1. I am attempting to install an exe and dll from XP and have placed the dll in
    windows\system32 but I get a message that the exe cannot find the dll, where
    should I put it?

    =?Utf-8?B?YW5hbmRh?=, Aug 7, 2006

  2. Place the dll on the same folder where the exe resides.
    That usually does the trick.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 7, 2006

  3. If the dll is 32-bit - put it in %windir%\SYSWOW64.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 8, 2006
  4. actually, since he's got a 32-bit dll (he said it's from XP), it probably
    can't see the 64-bit system32 folder. That redirection thing again. So it
    has to go in SYSWOW64, which will appear to be system32 to a 32-bit program.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 8, 2006