    CdLSRN Guest

    When I boot my computer - if I do a Ctrl-Alt-Del , there is NO Dllhost running in the
    background. When I go online it appears. What is it? I have Win 98se, Mcafee AV,

    CdLSRN, Oct 28, 2004

  2. CdLSRN

    Dave Guest

    "CdLSRN" <> wrote in message
    news:S3Zfd.581$...
    > When I boot my computer - if I do a Ctrl-Alt-Del , there is NO Dllhost

    running in the
    > background. When I go online it appears. What is it? I have Win 98se,

    Mcafee AV,

    Here is some info: http://tinyurl.com/4p562

    HTH

    --
    Dave

    Dave, Oct 28, 2004

  3. CdLSRN

    Daniel Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message

    > "CdLSRN" <> wrote in message
    > > When I boot my computer - if I do a Ctrl-Alt-Del , there is NO Dllhost

    > running in the
    > > background. When I go online it appears. What is it? I have Win 98se,

    > Mcafee AV,
    > >

    > Here is some info: http://tinyurl.com/4p562
    >
    > HTH

    It says C:\Windows\System32 but mine is in C:\Windows\System (not 32), so
    I'm assuming that's still OK (since its just the different place not the
    wrong place...almost nothing is in my system32 folder compared to system
    folder).

    Daniel, Oct 28, 2004
  4. CdLSRN

    Pennywise Guest

    On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 02:46:10 GMT, "CdLSRN" <>
    wrote:

    |>When I boot my computer - if I do a Ctrl-Alt-Del , there is NO Dllhost running in the
    |>background. When I go online it appears. What is it? I have Win 98se, Mcafee AV,

    Dllhost only pop's up as need'd then goes away, you lucky to catch it
    when it's active (taskmanager).

    If it doesn't go away you've got a worm, Welchia and MSBlast come to
    mind.

    Pennywise, Oct 28, 2004
  5. In article <> Pennywise <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 02:46:10 GMT, "CdLSRN" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >|>When I boot my computer - if I do a Ctrl-Alt-Del , there is NO Dllhost running in the
    >|>background. When I go online it appears. What is it? I have Win 98se, Mcafee AV,

    Yes. He is dreary. I imagine his posts bore you to tears. Or does Rosy
    entertain you?

    >Dllhost only pop's up as need'd then goes away, you lucky to catch it
    >when it's active (taskmanager).

    Do not be born good or handsome, but be born lucky.

    >If it doesn't go away you've got a worm, Welchia and MSBlast come to
    >mind.

    If you do not sow in the spring you will not reap in the autumn.

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "Do you think that Alexander Mulligan, a super-eco commune resident
    who takes a break from his regular commune duties and hikes all the
    way into Bellingham every day in order to use Bruce Burhans' internet
    account so he can engage in trivial bickering, is also a woman named
    "Lady Chatterly", who does exactly the same thing?" -- Tom

    Lady Chatterly, Oct 28, 2004
  6. CdLSRN

    Fred Guest

    Lady Chatterly wrote:

    > He is dreary.

    Does that make you jealous?

    > Do not be born good or handsome, but be born lucky.

    No excuse.

    Fred, Oct 28, 2004