DLink WNA-1330 & Windows 2K

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Zamdrist, May 6, 2007.

  1. Zamdrist

    Zamdrist Guest

    I have a wireless adapter connected to a network on a laptop running
    Windows 2000.

    My connection keep dropping seemingly in a random fashion, although my
    wireless manager shows I'm still connected. The connection comes back
    in a few seconds, but obviously very annoying when say you're instant
    messaging.

    I read something about IEEE 802.1x authentication and Windows XP and
    enabling authentication. However, like I said, I'm on Windows 2000. I
    have updated my computer via Microsoft Update and am on SP4.

    Also, I saw the service in Service Manager called: Wireless
    Configuration, it was not enabled automatically. I started the service
    and enabled it to start automatically.

    Additionally I updated the card's driver from DLink to the most up-to-
    date version on their website they have available.

    Any thoughts, suggestions or ideas? Greatly appreciated, thank you.

    Steve
    Zamdrist, May 6, 2007

  2. Zamdrist

    Zamdrist Guest

    Anyone have any thoughts on this?
    Zamdrist, May 10, 2007

  3. Hi
    Do not use the 802.11x configuration, it meant for special servers.
    Windows 2000 does not have its own Wireless Manger, you have to use the
    original manufacturer utility.
    What you describe can be a result of weak signal or environmental electronic
    noise.
    Make sure that the Wireless Card is not set to Save Power. Try different
    channel to neutralize possible noise.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 10, 2007