    disconnect the dlink I can fine speeds. Any ideas as to what the
    issue is, or could be?

    ~ Matt

    Matt, Jul 20, 2004

  2. "Matt" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    > I've got this bizarre issue....
    >
    > I have a D-Link 614+ access point. when I have it at my house (on DSL)
    > it is soooooo slow. When I bring it into work and hook it up to the
    > network here it is fine. The issue is not my DSL at home as if I
    > disconnect the dlink I can fine speeds. Any ideas as to what the
    > issue is, or could be?
    >
    > ~ Matt

    Did you try swapping out all the cables? Could be a bad cable there.

    Are you SURE your PC is clean of virus, spyware and crap and has a healthy
    TCP/IP stack? Have you been "tweaking" anything in the registry?

    Otherwise, it's probably electro-magnetic interferance.

    Something in your house (or that location in the house) is dicking up the
    inner workings of the router.

    Try:

    - moving it away from the power brick
    - moving it away from the wall
    - moving it away from your monitor (especially if it is a CRT)
    - etc.

    Also, though they do not make much heat, they aren't particualarly heat
    tolerant, make sure it is not in a too hot place (i.e. your computer exhaust
    fan is blowing on it)

    Sparky Polastri, Jul 20, 2004

  3. Matt

    Alan G Guest

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:09:32 -0400, Matt <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I've got this bizarre issue....
    >
    >I have a D-Link 614+ access point. when I have it at my house (on DSL)
    >it is soooooo slow. When I bring it into work and hook it up to the
    >network here it is fine. The issue is not my DSL at home as if I
    >disconnect the dlink I can fine speeds. Any ideas as to what the
    >issue is, or could be?
    >
    >~ Matt

    http://support.dlink.com/SupportFAQ/default.asp?model=DWL-1000AP

    its general so it applies to yours

    Alan G, Jul 20, 2004
  4. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Alan G wrote:
    > On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:09:32 -0400, Matt <> wrote:
    >

    >>Hi,
    >>I've got this bizarre issue....
    >>
    >>I have a D-Link 614+ access point. when I have it at my house (on DSL)
    >>it is soooooo slow. When I bring it into work and hook it up to the
    >>network here it is fine. The issue is not my DSL at home as if I
    >>disconnect the dlink I can fine speeds. Any ideas as to what the
    >>issue is, or could be?
    >>
    >>~ Matt

    > http://support.dlink.com/SupportFAQ/default.asp?model=DWL-1000AP
    >
    > its general so it applies to yours

    Er what exactly am I looking at? I've gone through the FAQ for my
    model.. was there something specific you were trying to show me?

    Matt, Jul 20, 2004
  5. Matt

    Alan G Guest

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 12:03:55 -0400, Matt <> wrote:

    >Alan G wrote:
    >> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:09:32 -0400, Matt <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hi,
    >>>I've got this bizarre issue....
    >>>
    >>>I have a D-Link 614+ access point. when I have it at my house (on DSL)
    >>>it is soooooo slow. When I bring it into work and hook it up to the
    >>>network here it is fine. The issue is not my DSL at home as if I
    >>>disconnect the dlink I can fine speeds. Any ideas as to what the
    >>>issue is, or could be?
    >>>
    >>>~ Matt

    >> http://support.dlink.com/SupportFAQ/default.asp?model=DWL-1000AP
    >>
    >> its general so it applies to yours

    >Er what exactly am I looking at? I've gone through the FAQ for my
    >model.. was there something specific you were trying to show me?

    Sorry. Thought the url would put you on it.
    Click on common problems/ wireless interference.

    Gives general help on possible problems with wireless kit. I had a
    fault caused by a cordless phone being used in the area. Something I
    hadn't considered until I read this.

    Alan G, Jul 20, 2004