    hammond Guest

    I saw these in Currys for £1 and wondered whether they could be
    unlocked are they worth buying ?

    hammond, May 18, 2009

  2. "hammond" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    I saw these in Currys for £1 and wondered whether they could be
    unlocked are they worth buying ?

    Yes and Yes

    I unlocked one I got from PC world for 75p and use it with VoipDiscount and
    VoipTalk

    R. Giskard Reventlov, May 18, 2009

  3. On 18 May, 19:17, "R. Giskard Reventlov" <no.spam@me> wrote:
    > "hammond" <> wrote in message

    > I saw these in Currys for £1 and wondered whether they could be
    > unlocked are they worth buying ?
    >
    > Yes and Yes
    >
    > I unlocked one I got from PC world for 75p and use it with VoipDiscount and
    > VoipTalk

    cool how do you unlock them ?

    Steve Hammond, May 18, 2009
  4. hammond

    Chris Davies Guest

    Re: Dlink Vonage VTU £1 in Currys can it be unlocked

    hammond <> wrote:
    > I saw these in Currys for £1 and wondered whether they could be
    > unlocked are they worth buying ?

    Saw one of what, please? I've even looked up the Message Id you've cited
    and google groups returns "nothing matches".

    Cheers,
    Chris

    Chris Davies, May 19, 2009
  5. hammond

    T i m Guest

    On Tue, 19 May 2009 09:36:30 +0100, Chris Davies
    <> wrote:

    >hammond <> wrote:
    >> I saw these in Currys for £1 and wondered whether they could be
    >> unlocked are they worth buying ?

    >Saw one of what, please? I've even looked up the Message Id you've cited
    >and google groups returns "nothing matches".

    Is it a 'Dlink Vonage VTU' ?

    T i m

    T i m, May 19, 2009
  6. hammond

    Geo Guest

    On Tue, 19 May 2009 14:11:49 +0100, Me <> wrote:

    >I have just been to both PC World and Curry's and neither have them in
    >stock (Watford) - and both say that they won't be getting any.
    >
    >Any idea where I can get one?

    google says you can get them "free" here:-
    http://www.vonage.co.uk/equipment/DLink-VTARB.php

    --
    Geo

    Geo, May 19, 2009
  7. hammond

    Steve Terry Guest

    "Me" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 19 May 2009 10:36:45 +0100, T i m <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 19 May 2009 09:36:30 +0100, Chris Davies
    >><> wrote:

    >>>Saw one of what, please? I've even looked up the Message Id you've cited
    >>>and google groups returns "nothing matches".
    >>>

    >>Is it a 'Dlink Vonage VTU' ?
    >>T i m

    > I have just been to both PC World and Curry's and neither have them in
    > stock (Watford) - and both say that they won't be getting any.
    > Any idea where I can get one?
    > Thanks

    DSG Stores like Currys / PC world have a stock computer that will tell you
    the nearest stores with stock, just ask the shop staff to look it up

    Anyone know the stock number??

    Steve Terry

    Steve Terry, May 19, 2009
  8. "Steve Hammond" <> wrote in message
    On 18 May, 19:17, "R. Giskard Reventlov" <no.spam@me> wrote:
    > "hammond" <> wrote in message

    > I saw these in Currys for £1 and wondered whether they could be
    > unlocked are they worth buying ?
    >
    > Yes and Yes
    >
    > I unlocked one I got from PC world for 75p and use it with VoipDiscount
    > and
    > VoipTalk

    cool how do you unlock them ?

    Google is your friend - it is all out there - you have to flash it to cooked
    firmware

    Start here

    http://www.unlockvta.com/?p=1245

    R. Giskard Reventlov, May 19, 2009
  9. "Me" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 19 May 2009 10:36:45 +0100, T i m <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 19 May 2009 09:36:30 +0100, Chris Davies
    >><> wrote:

    >>>Saw one of what, please? I've even looked up the Message Id you've cited
    >>>and google groups returns "nothing matches".
    >>>

    >>Is it a 'Dlink Vonage VTU' ?
    >>
    >>T i m

    > I have just been to both PC World and Curry's and neither have them in
    > stock (Watford) - and both say that they won't be getting any.
    >
    > Any idea where I can get one?
    >
    > Thanks

    I think they have been discontinued - once they are gone they are gone!

    R. Giskard Reventlov, May 19, 2009
  10. hammond

    Graham. Guest

    "R. Giskard Reventlov" <no.spam@me> wrote in message

    > "Steve Hammond" <> wrote in message
    > On 18 May, 19:17, "R. Giskard Reventlov" <no.spam@me> wrote:
    >> "hammond" <> wrote in message

    >> I saw these in Currys for £1 and wondered whether they could be
    >> unlocked are they worth buying ?
    >>
    >> Yes and Yes
    >>
    >> I unlocked one I got from PC world for 75p and use it with VoipDiscount
    >> and
    >> VoipTalk

    > cool how do you unlock them ?
    >
    > Google is your friend - it is all out there - you have to flash it to
    > cooked firmware
    >
    > Start here
    >
    > http://www.unlockvta.com/?p=1245

    It would seem that on this occasion, Google's cache may be a better friend.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., May 19, 2009
  11. hammond

    Steve Terry Guest

    "Me" <> wrote in message

    >>DSG Stores like Currys / PC world have a stock computer that will tell you
    >>the nearest stores with stock, just ask the shop staff to look it up
    >>
    >>Anyone know the stock number??

    > Actually I did ask at Currys.
    >
    > The assistant searched for D-Link, Dlink and *vonage and it came up with
    > nothing.
    >
    > The assistant at PC World said he knew of the product but it was now
    > only sold on line - not in shops. I have checked the website and found
    > nothing.
    > Me

    You need the product code stock number it'll be a 6 digit number,
    anyone have it??

    Steve Terry

    Steve Terry, May 19, 2009
  12. On 19 May, 23:15, "Steve Terry" <> wrote:
    > "Me" <> wrote in message

    > >>DSG Stores like Currys / PC world have a stock computer that will tell you
    > >>the nearest stores with stock, just ask the shop staff to look it up

    > >>Anyone know the stock number??

    > > Actually I did ask at Currys.

    > > The assistant searched for D-Link, Dlink and *vonage and it came up with
    > > nothing.

    > > The assistant at PC World said he knew of the product but it was now
    > > only sold on line - not in shops. I have checked the website and found
    > > nothing.
    > > Me

    > You need the product code stock number it'll be a 6 digit number,
    > anyone have it??
    >
    > Steve Terry

    988556

    Steve Hammond, May 20, 2009
  13. hammond

    Steve Terry Guest

    "Me" <> wrote in message
    >>> You need the product code stock number it'll be a 6 digit number,
    >>> anyone have it??
    >>> Steve Terry

    >>988556

    > Thank you Steve (and Terry).
    > I've tried Currys and although on the store database, a couple of shops
    > say they have them in stock - they sadly cannot physically find them.
    > Now to try PC World ...

    That's a common problem with DSG stores, i once went all the way
    to Camden Currys to get some phones on special offer I tracked there
    by their stock computer product code number, only they couldn't find them.

    But on other occasions i have struck gold that way, some Currys are in
    small out of the way places with few customers

    Another tip, if the price has been reduced to ending with 97p it means
    it's a specially reduced end of stock price.

    Steve Terry

    Steve Terry, May 20, 2009
  14. hammond

    Steve Terry Guest

    "Me" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 20 May 2009 11:22:15 +0100, "Steve Terry" <>
    > wrote
    >>"Me" <> wrote in message

    <snip>
    >>Another tip, if the price has been reduced to ending with 97p it means
    >>it's a specially reduced end of stock price.

    <snip>
    > The PCWorld guy told me that their systems only searches for stores
    > being serviced by the same depot. On their system, the price was only
    > 47p!

    Yep, I should have said then if it ends with 7p

    Not sure if only serviced by same depot is true?

    Steve Terry

    Steve Terry, May 20, 2009
  15. Steve Hammond, May 23, 2009
  16. Well I've failed to download the xml configuration files anyone care
    to help or offer me some £s for the devices ?

    Steve Hammond, May 23, 2009