Dlink Layer 3 Switch VLAN Config

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by djguruji, Feb 21, 2008.

  1. djguruji

    djguruji

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Hi all,

    I need to create VLAN within my network, Network Map is given here for referance.

    in My Network ISP router is connected to PIX and then to a layer 3 switch (D-Link DES-3326SR ) at Port 1. This switch I am refering as Server Switch.

    In my organization we are having different team. What i did is I connected members of a team to a layer 2 switch, ( for all) and I did the Port Segmentation, so that team1 canot access resources of team 2. with this I had achived security. But team1 does some sort of broadcast (it is project requrement) so that other PC on the network can listen. but this broadcast lead to network jam.

    I want to create a VLAN in a such a way that whenere a broad happens it should not go out of port2 of layer three ( Team2 switch is connected at port 2 on layer 3).

    Can any one help me in doing this. ( I am new user to network product.)

    [​IMG]

    Attached Files:

    djguruji, Feb 21, 2008