    2 other computers (running Linux) have no problems connecting
    wirelessly.

    Windows firewall is disabled. and no other firewalls are present

    Timothy Baldwin, Apr 18, 2009

  2. Make sure both Wireless router and NIC have the same setup. Or this link may
    help.

    Troubleshooting Wireless Connection Issues
    http://www.wifimvp.com/connectionissues.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\), Apr 19, 2009

  3. Hi
    Is the Router's SSID is broadcasting?
    Some computers can work OK with SSID Off some cannot.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Apr 19, 2009
  4. Jack [MVP-Networking] wrote:

    > Hi
    > Is the Router's SSID is broadcasting?

    Yes, and confirmed using airodump-ng.

    Timothy Baldwin, Apr 19, 2009
  5. Bob Lin (MS-MVP) wrote:

    > Make sure both Wireless router and NIC have the same setup.

    Both are set to WPA-PSK with TKIP, IP addresses are setup with a DHCP
    server that works with wired connections.

    > Or this link
    > may help.
    >
    > Troubleshooting Wireless Connection Issues
    > http://www.wifimvp.com/connectionissues.htm

    Running wireshark on the laptop in question reveals several EAPOL key
    packets are being received, but are not replied to; unlike the working
    Linux system.

    I have recorded some log files:

    http://www.majoroak.f2s.com/tim/tracing/
    http://www.majoroak.f2s.com/tim/tracing.zip

    Timothy Baldwin, Apr 19, 2009
  6. Timothy Baldwin

    smlunatick Guest

    On Apr 19, 8:42 pm, Timothy Baldwin
    <> wrote:
    > Bob Lin (MS-MVP) wrote:
    > > Make sure both Wireless router and NIC have the same setup.

    > Both are set to WPA-PSK with TKIP, IP addresses are setup with a DHCP
    > server that works with wired connections.
    >
    > > Or this link
    > > may help.

    > > Troubleshooting Wireless Connection Issues
    > >http://www.wifimvp.com/connectionissues.htm

    > Running wireshark on the laptop in question reveals several EAPOL key
    > packets are being received, but are not replied to; unlike the working
    > Linux system.
    >
    > I have recorded some log files:
    >
    > http://www.majoroak.f2s.com/tim/tracing/http://www.majoroak.f2s.com/tim/tracing.zip

    Have you ever considered check your anti-virus or "enhanced" Internet
    security softwares? I experienced a similar problem when I was using
    Norton 360 security software. I needed to tell the software to trust
    the wireless SSID within the firewall module.

    smlunatick, Apr 20, 2009
  7. smlunatick wrote:

    > Have you ever considered check your anti-virus or "enhanced" Internet
    > security softwares? I experienced a similar problem when I was using
    > Norton 360 security software. I needed to tell the software to trust
    > the wireless SSID within the firewall module.

    It currently has Avast Home installed, and previously had AVG Free Edition
    installed. Neither claims to be a firewall or has any relevant options.

    Timothy Baldwin, Apr 23, 2009
  8. Timothy Baldwin

    Jack-MVP Guest

    Hi
    Try to change the transmission channels in the Router and see if another
    channel provides better results.
    If it does not help try another (newer) Wireless Router on the same
    environment.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack-MVP, Apr 23, 2009
  9. Timothy Baldwin wrote:

    > I am having problems getting a wireless network to work...
    >
    > I have a Panasonic Toughbook CF-R1 laptop running Windows XP SP3 with a
    > Dlink DWL-G630 wireless interface, using the "Marvell Libertas
    > 802.11b/g Wireless" drivers.

    After install later drivers it now works, these drivers seem to be a poorly
    kept secret.

    The drivers on the Dlink website for a DWL-G630 are, according to the Update
    Driver Wizard for a different device.

    The Marvell website wasn't helpful.

    Windows update didn't offer them.

    However a google search for the vendor and device IDs lead me via
    driveragent.com to:
    http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3-19990518/cabpool/10511214.cab

    Timothy Baldwin, Apr 23, 2009
  10. Timothy Baldwin

    Guest Guest

    Hi Timothy

    I downloaded driveragent and tried it. I am trying to determine if there is
    a better drive for my router (TRENDNET TEW-432BRP) to which I am connected
    by wireless. The router did not show up on the Driveragent report. Does
    driveragent work on routers too?

    Jeff

    Guest, May 7, 2009