    I'm just curious if I'm one of the few that has been having problems. Could
    anyone recommend any decent wireless pci cards?

    Regards
    BeamerJay, Dec 5, 2005

  2. BeamerJay

    Rosco Guest

    BeamerJay cried out

    > Has anyone had any experience with this card? Reason being that
    > I'm currently having disconnections at random times, my laptop
    > with it's own wireless pc card seems fine, so I'm guessing the
    > problem isn't with the wireless router (which is a dlink 604+),
    > but with this wireless cards them selves.
    >
    > I'm just curious if I'm one of the few that has been having
    > problems. Could anyone recommend any decent wireless pci cards?
    >
    > Regards

    Exact same problem, the card will acctually completely shut down the
    wireless side of my router most of the time and sometimes the entire
    router, thought it was just my immagination... my router is a linksys
    befw11s4 v.4 the dwl520 is the only pci wireless card i have tried, no
    problems with linksys pcmcia cards or the integrated atheros in my new
    laptop...
    Rosco, Dec 5, 2005

  3. BeamerJay

    BeamerJay Guest

    Cheers for that, so I guess it's a new PCI wireless card for me then :D

    BeamerJay, Dec 5, 2005
  4. BeamerJay

    DC Guest

    BeamerJay wrote:
    > Has anyone had any experience with this card? Reason being that I'm
    > currently having disconnections at random times, my laptop with it's own
    > wireless pc card seems fine, so I'm guessing the problem isn't with the
    > wireless router (which is a dlink 604+), but with this wireless cards them
    > selves.

    > I'm just curious if I'm one of the few that has been having problems. Could
    > anyone recommend any decent wireless pci cards?

    I also have one of those pieces of shit. Get a new card.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Viruses, Instability, Spyware, Trojans, Adware -- Pre-order today!
    -= http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.mspx =-
    DC, Dec 6, 2005
  5. BeamerJay

    Rosco Guest

    DC cried out

    > BeamerJay wrote:
    >> Has anyone had any experience with this card? Reason being that
    >> I'm currently having disconnections at random times, my laptop
    >> with it's own wireless pc card seems fine, so I'm guessing the
    >> problem isn't with the wireless router (which is a dlink 604+),
    >> but with this wireless cards them selves.

    >> I'm just curious if I'm one of the few that has been having
    >> problems. Could anyone recommend any decent wireless pci cards?

    > I also have one of those pieces of shit. Get a new card.

    good to know that we are not a bunch of idiots, and that it really is a
    shitty card...
    Rosco, Dec 6, 2005
  6. BeamerJay

    BeamerJay Guest

    What wireless pci card would you recommend? I'm willing to spend a fair
    amount to get a decent connection, so cost isn't really an issue.

    BeamerJay, Dec 6, 2005
  7. BeamerJay

    DC Guest

    BeamerJay wrote:
    > What wireless pci card would you recommend? I'm willing to spend a fair
    > amount to get a decent connection, so cost isn't really an issue.
    > "DC" <> wrote in message
    >> BeamerJay wrote:
    >>> Has anyone had any experience with this card? Reason being that I'm
    >>> currently having disconnections at random times, my laptop with it's own
    >>> wireless pc card seems fine, so I'm guessing the problem isn't with the
    >>> wireless router (which is a dlink 604+), but with this wireless cards
    >>> them
    >>> selves.

    >>> I'm just curious if I'm one of the few that has been having problems.
    >>> Could
    >>> anyone recommend any decent wireless pci cards?

    >> I also have one of those pieces of shit. Get a new card.

    > What wireless pci card would you recommend? I'm willing to spend a fair
    > amount to get a decent connection, so cost isn't really an issue.

    I have no recommendation to make. I'm still stuck with mine.

    DC, Dec 6, 2005