    firmware. July 2007 on the DLink, and Oct on the Intel.

    Thanks,

    Randy Starkey

    Randy Starkey, Jan 3, 2008

  2. Which OS is you using?

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    http://www.HowToNetworking.com

    "Randy Starkey" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Jan 4, 2008

  3. Windows XP Pro on the laptop, Server 2003 Standard on my servers

    Randy Starkey, Jan 4, 2008
  4. have you checked if there is a new firmware for the AP and driver for NIC?

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Jan 5, 2008
  5. Yup - did both. Recently yesterday I actually had a drive dropped with a
    wired connection.

    So... It seems the problem is somehow related deeper to the network, and not
    just the wireless The only drives that ever drop are drives mapped to a
    workstation. Server mapped drives never drop.

    Anything you can think of that would explain that? Or where I could ask
    about this?

    Thanks!

    --Randy Starkey

    Randy Starkey, Jan 7, 2008
  6. It could be autodisconnect issue. Please refer to this link and post back
    with the result.

    configure autodisconenctTo fix this issue, you can re-configure
    AutoDisconnect time. By default for the AutoDisconnect time is 15 minutes.
    If you have more computers need to access ...
    www.howtonetworking.com/Windows/xpautodisconnect.htm

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Jan 7, 2008
  7. Hmmm... Very interesting. I should be under 10 connections, but if the
    default is 15 minutes, then it could be disconnecting. Any way to change
    the time to never disconnect? Any way to increase the number of connections
    XP (my workstations are XP Pro) will accept at any one time?

    Thanks much!

    --Randy Starkey

    Randy Starkey, Jan 7, 2008
  8. No, the autodisconnect or 10 connection are different. Even in the domain
    that can have hundred and hundred connection you may still have
    autodisconnect issue.

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Jan 8, 2008
  9. OK. I wonder if I can set a large number of minutes? I'll see what a search
    brings up on it. Thanks!

    Randy Starkey, Jan 8, 2008