    Anyone else had this issue?

    Thanks

    , May 31, 2005

  2. TW Guest

    Try upgrading the firmware

    TW, Jun 1, 2005

  3. Guest

    I've done so already.

    Even a fresh reinstall of the latest firmware.

    Thanks

    , Jun 1, 2005
  4. Guest

    Actually, I think the problem may be neighbors using wireless.. though
    the only SSIDS i can see our wireless G (I am/was using wireless A).
    It could be that someone has their SSID hidden and has recently gotten
    and using the A band I guess.

    Weird part is.. since I switched back to channel 6 (wireless turbo G),
    the same port I can clearly see a neighbor or two definitely using, I
    have not had the router lockup (3 days now), whereas with the A, it was

    locking up nearly every day.

    I'm still convinced it must be a wireless clash though.

    , Jun 6, 2005
  5. jwh20 Guest

    I had a DI-784 that did this exact thing. It was a defective unit. My
    suspicion is that it had a heat problem as the case was very hot.
    DLink replaced it under warranty and the new one doesn't even get warm
    to the touch. It doesn't lock up either.

    If your unit is still under warranty, call DLink and get an RMA for
    replacement.

    jwh20, Jun 8, 2005
  6. Guest

    Actually.. mine was replaced already.. due to the same problem.

    Since disabling all wireless on it.. it hasnt locked up (I just ran a
    long network cable instead, for now).

    Thanks

    jwh20 wrote:
    > I had a DI-784 that did this exact thing. It was a defective unit. My
    > suspicion is that it had a heat problem as the case was very hot.
    > DLink replaced it under warranty and the new one doesn't even get warm
    > to the touch. It doesn't lock up either.
    >
    > If your unit is still under warranty, call DLink and get an RMA for
    > replacement.

    , Jun 20, 2005
  7. lschone

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    DLINK DI-784 Lock Ups

    I had the same issue with this router, talked with DLInk Tech Support and they told me it was defective. I got a new router from them with the same issue!

    What I was able to figure out was that WPA-PSK was the issue, this router (even with the latest firmware 2.40) continued to lock up periodically. Once I set the router to WEP 152 encryption it has not locked up since

    lschone, Jul 5, 2006