    pc's that are getting lower signal

    Thanks

    --
    Sabroson, Apr 18, 2005

  2. Sabroson

    DLink Guru Guest

    Well, you can use it as an Access Point, but it will take a bit of work. You
    will first have to change its LAN IP address and disable DHCP. Then Make the
    SSID something different then the first DI-624. Place the second router
    close to the 2 computers giving you a problem and connect Ethernet cable
    from Router #1 ethernet Port to router #2 ethernet port. Now configure your
    2 systems to connect to the new SSID and you hould have it.

    Everything would be easier if you purchased wireless repeater though.

    Robert.....

    DLink Guru, Apr 18, 2005

  3. Sabroson

    Sabroson Guest

    Thanks is working great, but can you tell me what model of repeater from
    Dlink should I get?

    TIA

    Sabroson, Apr 18, 2005
  4. Sabroson

    DLink Guru Guest

    The DWL-G800 AP would be your best bet.

    Robert...

    DLink Guru, Apr 19, 2005
  5. I have a DI-624 and bought a DWL-2100AP to act as a repeater and improve
    distant conections. I have not yet been able to get it work and the D-Link
    information does not help with this mode of operation. How should the
    repeater AP be correctly set up to extend the DI-624? Do I need a different
    SSID for that?

    Mike Bernstein

    Mike Bernstein, Apr 19, 2005
  6. Sabroson

    DLink Guru Guest

    No, in repeater mode you use the same SSID as your router. First you must
    connect your AP to a computer using ethernet to set it up. type in the
    address 192.168.0.50 and use admin as the username and nothing, leave blank,
    as the password.
    Goto the wireless tab on the side of the page and place the SSID, same as
    the router, and the channel, make different then the routers. Preferable
    make the routers broadcast channel as 1 and the repeaters as 11, if you can
    that is, a neighbor might be running a wireless network on those channels
    also. When done hit the apply button.

    Next click on the Advanced Tab across the top. Click on the AP repeater
    bubble and place the routers MAC Address in the first box and the routers
    SSID in the second box. When done hit the apply button.

    If you have encryption enavled on the router, disable it until you get the
    network working. After you confirm that the repeater is working, enable
    encryption on the router and the repeater. Also make sure the router and AP
    have the most current firmware installed to ensure bug fixes and max
    compatability.

    That should be it.

    Robert......

    DLink Guru, Apr 19, 2005
  7. Thanks I will try this. Last time I used the same channel on both and maybe
    that is why it didn't work.

    Mike Bernstein

    Mike Bernstein, Apr 19, 2005
  8. Even more thanks - I tried it and it works. It obviously was the channel
    number thing.

    Mike Bernstein

    Mike Bernstein, Apr 19, 2005
  9. Sabroson