    into a Mpeg file, and then biff it onto a CD using something like the
    nero VCD wizard or something.

    Im I barking up the right tree?

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 13, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Collector-NZ Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 13/09/2004 20:09:

    > Ummm anyone know if the DVD ripping tools are fine doing this?
    >
    > I use DVDx on another machine, Im guessing that I have to convert it
    > into a Mpeg file, and then biff it onto a CD using something like the
    > nero VCD wizard or something.
    >
    > Im I barking up the right tree?

    Source >TMPEnc > VCD creation program like nero.

    If you have the MPEG plugin for nero it will do the lot.

    You where indeed on the right track

    Collector-NZ, Sep 13, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Collector-NZ Guest

    Collector-NZ said the following on 13/09/2004 20:25:

    > Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 13/09/2004 20:09:
    >
    >> Ummm anyone know if the DVD ripping tools are fine doing this?
    >>
    >> I use DVDx on another machine, Im guessing that I have to convert it
    >> into a Mpeg file, and then biff it onto a CD using something like the
    >> nero VCD wizard or something.
    >>
    >> Im I barking up the right tree?

    > Source >TMPEnc > VCD creation program like nero.
    >
    > If you have the MPEG plugin for nero it will do the lot.
    >
    > You where indeed on the right track

    Opps TMPGEnc

    Collector-NZ, Sep 13, 2004
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <Dave@_no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Ummm anyone know if the DVD ripping tools are fine doing this?
    >
    > I use DVDx on another machine, Im guessing that I have to convert it
    > into a Mpeg file, and then biff it onto a CD using something like the
    > nero VCD wizard or something.
    >
    > Im I barking up the right tree?

    Power Producer will encode and burn it. You've got examples of what Power
    Producer can do.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Sep 13, 2004
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Collector-NZ <> wrote in news:2ql4hqF10l8f2U1@uni-
    berlin.de:

    > Collector-NZ said the following on 13/09/2004 20:25:
    >
    >> Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 13/09/2004 20:09:
    >>
    >>> Ummm anyone know if the DVD ripping tools are fine doing this?
    >>>
    >>> I use DVDx on another machine, Im guessing that I have to convert it
    >>> into a Mpeg file, and then biff it onto a CD using something like the
    >>> nero VCD wizard or something.
    >>>
    >>> Im I barking up the right tree?

    >> Source >TMPEnc > VCD creation program like nero.
    >>
    >> If you have the MPEG plugin for nero it will do the lot.
    >>
    >> You where indeed on the right track

    > Opps TMPGEnc

    I like DVD2SVCD to automate the process.
    Doom9 has a good walk through.
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Sep 13, 2004
  6. E. Scrooge wrote:
    > Power Producer will encode and burn it. You've got examples of what Power
    > Producer can do.

    heh, figured you'd used something like that.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 13, 2004
  7. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    geoffm Guest

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:09:51 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <Dave@_no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote:

    >Ummm anyone know if the DVD ripping tools are fine doing this?
    >
    >I use DVDx on another machine, Im guessing that I have to convert it
    >into a Mpeg file, and then biff it onto a CD using something like the
    >nero VCD wizard or something.
    >
    >Im I barking up the right tree?

    One thing you will have to watch will be the sound sync. A lot of
    programs can't handle the compressed audio of Divx, so th esound gets
    out of sync.
    http://www.videohelp.com/ is worth a look
    Geoff

    geoffm, Sep 13, 2004
  8. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "geoffm" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:09:51 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    > <Dave@_no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote:
    >
    > >Ummm anyone know if the DVD ripping tools are fine doing this?
    > >
    > >I use DVDx on another machine, Im guessing that I have to convert it
    > >into a Mpeg file, and then biff it onto a CD using something like the
    > >nero VCD wizard or something.
    > >
    > >Im I barking up the right tree?

    > One thing you will have to watch will be the sound sync. A lot of
    > programs can't handle the compressed audio of Divx, so th esound gets
    > out of sync.
    > http://www.videohelp.com/ is worth a look
    > Geoff

    The easiest way to stuff up the sound sync of Divx files is to edit them
    with Virtual Dub, then use whatever to encode them to SVCD or VCD.
    Virtual Dub is fine for enhancements etc, just don't start chopping bits
    like ads etc out with it. Chopped video sounds fine until it's converted,
    unless you use a program that edits without stuffing the sound. Power
    Producer works opposite to Virtual Dub when editing, it removes video
    segments then merges them into one video ready for conversion and burning.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Sep 13, 2004