    --

    "There is no distinctly native American criminal class save Congress."
    --Mark Twain

    Citizen Bob, Sep 24, 2006

  2. Citizen Bob

    Shoo Guest

    Citizen Bob wrote:
    > What is the relationship of XviD to DivX?
    >
    > I am mainly interested in being able to identify DVD Recorders that
    > support XviD. From what I have seen of product specifications, they
    > seem to mention only DivX as though XviD is automatically implied.
    >
    > Is XviD just another way of doing DivX and therefore if a DVD recorder
    > can do DivX, it can do XviD?

    My recorder can play xVids and divx's of standard format.

    From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XviD

    Since XviD uses MPEG-4 Advanced Simple Profile (ASP) compression, video
    encoded with XviD is MPEG-4 ASP video and can therefore be decoded with all
    MPEG-4 ASP compliant decoders. This includes a large number of media
    players, in particular all the ones based on the open source libavcodec
    library. See comparison of media players for a list of media players capable
    of playing XviD encoded content.

    XviD encoded files can be written to a CD or DVD and played in a DivX
    compatible DVD player, as long as they are not encoded using features
    unsupported by DivX (e.g. three warppoints instead of one), since such
    features are not considered "MPEG-4 compliant" by DivX.

    Shoo, Sep 24, 2006

  3. Citizen Bob

    David Z Guest

    "Citizen Bob" <> wrote in message
    > What is the relationship of XviD to DivX?

    XviD = DivX backwards.

    David Z, Sep 26, 2006
  4. Citizen Bob

    Citizen Bob Guest

    On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:14:13 GMT, "David Z" <> wrote:

    >> What is the relationship of XviD to DivX?

    >XviD = DivX backwards.

    Does Xvid work backwards too?

    Citizen Bob, Sep 26, 2006
  5. Citizen Bob wrote:
    > On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:14:13 GMT, "David Z" <> wrote:
    >>> What is the relationship of XviD to DivX?

    >> XviD = DivX backwards.

    > Does Xvid work backwards too?

    ..yletulosbA
    ..tsrif koob a fo egap tsal eht daer ohw elpoep rof taerg si hcihW

    --
    ku.oc.eercaflah.hterag//:ptth
    eercaflaH hteraG

    Gareth Halfacree, Sep 26, 2006
  6. Citizen Bob

    Justin Guest

    Gareth Halfacree wrote on [Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:56:54 +0100]:
    > Citizen Bob wrote:
    >>> XviD = DivX backwards.

    >> Does Xvid work backwards too?

    > .yletulosbA
    > .tsrif koob a fo egap tsal eht daer ohw elpoep rof taerg si hcihW

    ..sretsop pot dnA

    Justin, Sep 26, 2006
  7. Citizen Bob

    Citizen Bob Guest

    On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 12:12:50 -0500, Justin <>
    wrote:

    >>> Does Xvid work backwards too?

    >> .yletulosbA
    >> .tsrif koob a fo egap tsal eht daer ohw elpoep rof taerg si hcihW

    >.sretsop pot dnA

    Maybe that's how we should reply to top posters - post the reply
    backwards.

    Citizen Bob, Sep 26, 2006
  8. Citizen Bob

    Ken Maltby Guest

    >>> .yletulosbA
    >>> .tsrif koob a fo egap tsal eht daer ohw elpoep rof taerg si hcihW

    >>.sretsop pot dnA

    > Maybe that's how we should reply to top posters - post the reply
    > backwards.
    >

    > --
    >
    > "There is no distinctly native American criminal class save Congress."
    > --Mark Twain

    Tempting, very tempting.

    Luck;
    Ken

    Ken Maltby, Sep 27, 2006
  9. Citizen Bob

    Citizen Bob Guest

    On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 23:37:29 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
    <> wrote:

    >> Maybe that's how we should reply to top posters - post the reply
    >> backwards.

    > Tempting, very tempting.

    My editor can do it, but it takes a small effort.

    tset a si siht

    That was done entirely by the editor.

    --

    With or without govt, you would have good people doing
    good things and evil people doing evil things. But for

    Citizen Bob, Sep 27, 2006