Divx to MPEG

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Ron Smith, Aug 5, 2005.

  1. Ron Smith

    Ron Smith Guest

    anyone know how to convert from .divx to .mpg iv tried DVDsanta river
    past video pro and they didnt work could someone out there help!!!
    Ron Smith, Aug 5, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Ron Smith

    Dr. Bill Guest

    Dr. Bill, Aug 5, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Ron Smith

    x Guest

    Dr. Bill wrote:
    > Ron Smith wrote:
    >
    >>anyone know how to convert from .divx to .mpg iv tried DVDsanta
    >>river past video pro and they didnt work could someone out there
    >>help!!!

    >
    >
    > On a windows machine, with the right codecs installed, get Winavi
    > Videoconverter http://www.winavi.com/
    > Or go here: http://www.videohelp.com/tools?convert=DivX to MPG
    > Other option is TMPGEnc http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html (slow but
    > converting goes in the background)
    >
    >

    u can try ultra avi converter but this type of converting if very long
    so i suggest you get a dvd burner instead, maybe expensive on the spot
    but you will save alot of time then spend hours converting.
    x, Aug 6, 2005
    #3
  4. Ron Smith

    Fakename Guest

    The video still needs to be converted. Some burning programs will do
    the conversion for you though.

    x wrote:
    > Dr. Bill wrote:
    >
    >> Ron Smith wrote:
    >>
    >>> anyone know how to convert from .divx to .mpg iv tried DVDsanta
    >>> river past video pro and they didnt work could someone out there
    >>> help!!!

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> On a windows machine, with the right codecs installed, get Winavi
    >> Videoconverter http://www.winavi.com/
    >> Or go here: http://www.videohelp.com/tools?convert=DivX to MPG
    >> Other option is TMPGEnc http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html (slow but
    >> converting goes in the background)
    >>

    > u can try ultra avi converter but this type of converting if very long
    > so i suggest you get a dvd burner instead, maybe expensive on the spot
    > but you will save alot of time then spend hours converting.
    Fakename, Aug 6, 2005
    #4
  5. Ron Smith

    x Guest

    Fakename wrote:
    > The video still needs to be converted. Some burning programs will do
    > the conversion for you though.
    >
    > x wrote:
    >
    >> Dr. Bill wrote:
    >>
    >>> Ron Smith wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> anyone know how to convert from .divx to .mpg iv tried DVDsanta
    >>>> river past video pro and they didnt work could someone out there
    >>>> help!!!
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> On a windows machine, with the right codecs installed, get Winavi
    >>> Videoconverter http://www.winavi.com/
    >>> Or go here: http://www.videohelp.com/tools?convert=DivX to MPG
    >>> Other option is TMPGEnc http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html (slow but
    >>> converting goes in the background)
    >>>

    >> u can try ultra avi converter but this type of converting if very long
    >> so i suggest you get a dvd burner instead, maybe expensive on the spot
    >> but you will save alot of time then spend hours converting.

    if you get a dvd burner there is no converting needed. all u need is
    dvd-r cd to burn on if you want to fit in files with 700meg + with nero
    x, Aug 6, 2005
    #5
  6. Ron Smith

    Fakename Guest

    Actually, that's incorrect. Mpeg 4 will not play back on a standard DVD
    player. The DVD standard works on the Mpeg2 standard. Mpeg2 and Mpeg4
    are not the same.

    You can get DVD players that will play both Mpeg2 and Mpeg4, but there's
    only a few around that do this. It's certianly not "standard".

    In order to watch an DivX (Mpeg4) video on your standard DVD player you
    will HAVE TO convert it to Mpeg2. Nero will try to convert it for you.
    But make no mistake, a conversion IS NECESSARY.



    x wrote:
    > Fakename wrote:
    >
    >> The video still needs to be converted. Some burning programs will do
    >> the conversion for you though.
    >>
    >> x wrote:
    >>
    >>> Dr. Bill wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Ron Smith wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> anyone know how to convert from .divx to .mpg iv tried DVDsanta
    >>>>> river past video pro and they didnt work could someone out there
    >>>>> help!!!
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> On a windows machine, with the right codecs installed, get Winavi
    >>>> Videoconverter http://www.winavi.com/
    >>>> Or go here: http://www.videohelp.com/tools?convert=DivX to MPG
    >>>> Other option is TMPGEnc http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html (slow but
    >>>> converting goes in the background)
    >>>>
    >>> u can try ultra avi converter but this type of converting if very
    >>> long so i suggest you get a dvd burner instead, maybe expensive on
    >>> the spot but you will save alot of time then spend hours converting.

    >
    > if you get a dvd burner there is no converting needed. all u need is
    > dvd-r cd to burn on if you want to fit in files with 700meg + with nero
    Fakename, Aug 8, 2005
    #6
  7. Ron Smith

    me Guest

    "Ron Smith" <> wrote in message
    news:FJHIe.225741$_o.112647@attbi_s71...
    > anyone know how to convert from .divx to .mpg iv tried DVDsanta river
    > past video pro and they didnt work could someone out there help!!!
    >


    For DIVX to MPEG2 (DVD format) I use VSO DivXtoDVD which works very well and
    picture quality stays pretty much the same.It allows batch encoding for
    mutiple files in one go,and it will convert from PAL to NTSC and
    vice-versa.Once you have converted the files,you can use DVD Shrink to
    create a disc image for burning.
    me, Aug 8, 2005
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. drvnguy

    divx or avi to mpeg

    drvnguy, Oct 8, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    506
    Petit Alexi
    Oct 8, 2003
  2. PuppyKatt

    .avi, .mpeg, and divx files

    PuppyKatt, May 21, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    473
  3. Edward Doyle

    Converting Divx and xvid to mpeg

    Edward Doyle, Aug 23, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    433
    Andy Kelly
    Aug 23, 2004
  4. vincent101
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    920
    Frank
    Aug 11, 2003
  5. Erich93063
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,173
    Mutley
    Nov 4, 2007
Loading...

Share This Page