    I got a modded XBOX but don't have a
    software yet that will allow me to play DivX avi files.

    thanks in advance

    Baranggay Ginebra, Mar 2, 2005

  2. Baranggay Ginebra wrote:
    > Can XBOX play DivX AVI files ?

    by default no

    > I got a modded XBOX but don't have a
    > software yet that will allow me to play DivX avi files.

    then I guess you'll have to wait.

    > thanks in advance

    no wories, the pleasures all mine.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 2, 2005

  3. Baranggay Ginebra

    Bottle Boy Guest

    "Baranggay Ginebra" <> wrote in message
    > Can XBOX play DivX AVI files ?
    > I got a modded XBOX but don't have a
    > software yet that will allow me to play DivX avi files.
    >
    > thanks in advance

    I'll try to be a little bit more helpful then Dave was. ;-)

    What you need is the "slayers install" disk. It's an auto install process
    that should set up your modded xbox dashboard (evox IIRC) along with all
    other software you need for playing common windows media files e.g. mpgs,
    avis etc.

    The tricky bit is finding the slayers iso off the net.I had to dl it from an
    irc site. Pretty much everything you need to know about modded xboxes can be
    found here:

    http://www.xbox-scene.com/

    Bottle Boy, Mar 3, 2005
  4. Bottle Boy wrote:
    >>Can XBOX play DivX AVI files ?
    >>I got a modded XBOX but don't have a
    >>software yet that will allow me to play DivX avi files.
    >>thanks in advance

    > I'll try to be a little bit more helpful then Dave was. ;-)

    I wasn't trying to be un-helpful actually, I thought when they said they
    had a modded Xbox, but don't have the software yet, that it was
    coming... my mistake.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 3, 2005
  5. Baranggay Ginebra

    Daver Guest

    I just installed XB Media centre (or player) and it played them fine.

    Daver, Mar 3, 2005
  6. Baranggay Ginebra

    Steve Guest

    The forums and instructons at
    http://www.xbox-emulation.co.uk/mirc info.shtml will enable you to
    download Windows Media Player which supports all sorts of file types...

    Steve, Mar 3, 2005
  7. Baranggay Ginebra

    steve Guest

    Baranggay Ginebra wrote:
    > Can XBOX play DivX AVI files ?

    It can if you run linux on it.

    steve, Mar 4, 2005
  8. Baranggay Ginebra

    Guest

    On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 13:19:55 +1300, "Bottle Boy" <>
    wrote:

    >"Baranggay Ginebra" <> wrote in message
    >> Can XBOX play DivX AVI files ?
    >> I got a modded XBOX but don't have a
    >> software yet that will allow me to play DivX avi files.
    >>
    >> thanks in advance

    >I'll try to be a little bit more helpful then Dave was. ;-)
    >
    >What you need is the "slayers install" disk. It's an auto install process
    >that should set up your modded xbox dashboard (evox IIRC) along with all
    >other software you need for playing common windows media files e.g. mpgs,
    >avis etc.
    >
    >The tricky bit is finding the slayers iso off the net.I had to dl it from an
    >irc site. Pretty much everything you need to know about modded xboxes can be
    >found here:
    >
    >http://www.xbox-scene.com/

    Slayers EVox 2.6 comes with XBox Media Centre (XBMC), which lets you
    play most media types, even rmvb (Real Player) and .cue (CD/DVD
    image).
    Better still, if you have networked your XBox to your PC, XBMC can
    view shares and stream direct from your lan..
    --

    Wellington, New Zealand

    , Mar 4, 2005