    I've been told that both can be chipped for DivX capabilities.
    If so, which gives the better reproduction ?

    Bb

    Bb, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Bb

    XPD Guest

    "Bb" <> wrote in message
    news:fVtFb.36708$...
    > I've been told that both can be chipped for DivX capabilities.
    > If so, which gives the better reproduction ?
    >
    > Bb

    Xbox wouldnt really need to be chipped as such since it is just a PC :)
    So as much as I like the PS2 Id have to say the Xbox would be the way to
    go...

    XPD, Dec 22, 2003

  3. Bb

    cowboyz Guest

    XPD wrote:
    > "Bb" <> wrote in message
    >> I've been told that both can be chipped for DivX capabilities.
    >> If so, which gives the better reproduction ?
    >>
    >> Bb
    >>

    > Xbox wouldnt really need to be chipped as such since it is just a PC
    > :) So as much as I like the PS2 Id have to say the Xbox would be the
    > way to go...

    Xbox needs to be chipped even though it is just a PC
    So as much as I hate the PS2 Id have to say the Xbox would be the way to
    go...

    cowboyz, Dec 22, 2003
  4. Bb

    Guest

    On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 16:38:44 +1300, "Bb" <>
    wrote:

    >I've been told that both can be chipped for DivX capabilities.
    >If so, which gives the better reproduction ?

    Did my XBox but havent' seen a PS2 play DivX yet. I would imagine it
    will play as well as your DivX resolution, i.e. higher your frame
    size, better the playback. It plays OK on mine and I've got it set to
    a size that will fit on a 700MB CDR.
    How 'true' does the reproduction need to be?
    --

    Wellington, New Zealand

    , Dec 22, 2003
  5. Bb

    Tim Guest

    wrote in news::

    > On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 16:38:44 +1300, "Bb" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I've been told that both can be chipped for DivX capabilities.
    >>If so, which gives the better reproduction ?

    > Did my XBox but havent' seen a PS2 play DivX yet. I would imagine it
    > will play as well as your DivX resolution, i.e. higher your frame
    > size, better the playback. It plays OK on mine and I've got it set to
    > a size that will fit on a 700MB CDR.
    > How 'true' does the reproduction need to be?

    There is an addon you get for the PS2 that lets it play DivX over a
    network. I don't think it needs to be chipped to use either.

    --
    Tim
    - <insert witty signature here>

    Tim, Dec 23, 2003
  6. Bb

    Lebowski Guest

    "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > wrote in news::
    >
    > > On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 16:38:44 +1300, "Bb" <>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >>I've been told that both can be chipped for DivX capabilities.
    > >>If so, which gives the better reproduction ?

    > > Did my XBox but havent' seen a PS2 play DivX yet. I would imagine it
    > > will play as well as your DivX resolution, i.e. higher your frame
    > > size, better the playback. It plays OK on mine and I've got it set to
    > > a size that will fit on a 700MB CDR.
    > > How 'true' does the reproduction need to be?

    > There is an addon you get for the PS2 that lets it play DivX over a
    > network. I don't think it needs to be chipped to use either.

    There's a team based in the United States called BroadQ who make a product
    which enables you to play DivX movies on your Playstation 2. Here is a link:

    http://www.divxnetworks.com/press/pr_detail.php?pr_id=33

    It's called the Q-Cast Tuner, or something like that.

    Lebowski, Dec 23, 2003