    the 6th frame is missing. This motion effect is noticeable during
    normal playback. I assume this is unavoidable because it's part of
    the Divx compression scheme?

    RichA, Feb 4, 2005

  2. RichA

    Billy Joe Guest

    In ref:

    RichA <> wrote:

    > If you take a regular commercial DVD and run it at very slow
    > speed, it has an even motion. Each frame change is the same.
    > DVD copies work the same way.
    > When you use Nero some other program to turn one of those
    > 700meg Divx files into a DVD and do the same thing, you'll
    > notice that you get a smooth transition for five frames, then
    > a kind of hesistation, as if the 6th frame is missing. This
    > motion effect is noticeable during normal playback. I assume
    > this is unavoidable because it's part of the Divx compression
    > scheme?

    Sounds like a format change. NTSC to PAL, or vice versa,
    perhaps (30 frames or 60 fields ps vs. 25 frames or 50 fields
    ps)??

    Certainly not a characteristic of the encoder software, as it
    merely compresses what it gets.

    BJ

    Billy Joe, Feb 4, 2005

  3. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:49:37 -0800, "Billy Joe" <>
    wrote:

    >In ref:
    >
    >RichA <> wrote:
    >
    >> If you take a regular commercial DVD and run it at very slow
    >> speed, it has an even motion. Each frame change is the same.
    >> DVD copies work the same way.
    >> When you use Nero some other program to turn one of those
    >> 700meg Divx files into a DVD and do the same thing, you'll
    >> notice that you get a smooth transition for five frames, then
    >> a kind of hesistation, as if the 6th frame is missing. This
    >> motion effect is noticeable during normal playback. I assume
    >> this is unavoidable because it's part of the Divx compression
    >> scheme?

    >Sounds like a format change. NTSC to PAL, or vice versa,
    >perhaps (30 frames or 60 fields ps vs. 25 frames or 50 fields
    >ps)??

    Nero often reports that the source is "mostly Pal" even in cases
    where I'm certain it's not. I just downloaded the update to
    Express 2 and I'll see how it handles things.
    -Rich

    RichA, Feb 4, 2005