    Where do YOU go for your info (newbie to experienced users)?
    TIA
    Stan

    Stan Lipnowski, Aug 2, 2004

  2. http://www.luminous-landscape.com is one of many websites with on-line
    tutorials.

    "Stan Lipnowski" <> wrote in message
    news:8xuPc.1247$...
    > I am thinking of making the jump to digital. I have lots of experience

    with
    > 35mm SLRs, but next to nothing with digital.
    > Where do you go to get USEFUL information on?
    > I have found that the signal to noise ratio in this newsgroup has made

    this

    Darrell Larose, Aug 2, 2004

  3. "Stan Lipnowski" <> writes:

    > I am thinking of making the jump to digital. I have lots of experience with
    > 35mm SLRs, but next to nothing with digital.
    > Where do you go to get USEFUL information on?
    > I have found that the signal to noise ratio in this newsgroup has made this
    > NG essentially useless recently.
    > Where do YOU go for your info (newbie to experienced users)?

    http://www.dpreview.com, particularly the user forums. I find
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/ a little less active. I have a few other sites
    listed in::

    http://www.the-meissners.org/camera.html

    but I rarely go to the general purpose sites any more.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:

    Michael Meissner, Aug 3, 2004
  4. Re: Divng into Digital/Useful Sources of information [OT]

    "Stan Lipnowski" <> writes:
    > I have found that the signal to noise ratio in this newsgroup has
    > made this NG essentially useless recently.

    This NG isn't that bad, but you need to tune your newsreader a bit.
    Learn about scoring and/or killing for whatever reader you use
    (btw - this is so far the /only/ NG I've resorted to using a score
    file for. My current score file removes in excess of 80% of the
    posts here as off topic - mainly cascades).

    > Where do YOU go for your info (newbie to experienced users)?

    As somebody already mentioned the forums at dpreview are generally
    good, in particular for focused technical questions about specific
    products. But I like Usenet better than webforums for a number of
    reasons, and with a good kill or score file, the S/N ratio becomes
    acceptable.

    Gisle Hannemyr, Aug 3, 2004