Diverting incoming VOIP to voicemail (Sipgate/Gigaset setup)

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Lobster, Nov 18, 2008.

  1. Lobster

    Lobster Guest

    I'm currently using a new Siemens Gigaset S685IP phone in conjunction
    with a standard landline and VOIP connection (for which I'm using Sipgate).

    Now, I'd like to organise this so that any incoming calls made to the
    VOIP number just go straight to voicemail without the phone ringing -
    ideally to Sipgate's service which then emails me with a notification,
    but to the handset's built-in one would be fine, too.

    I still want to be able to make outgoing calls via the Sipgate account
    though, and I want to be able to answer all incoming calls on the
    landline normally.

    Is there any way of doing this? If so, I'm not sure whether it's a
    function of the handset or the VOIP account... if I knew that I could
    consult the relevant helpdesk!

    Thanks
    David
    Lobster, Nov 18, 2008

  2. Lobster

    Don Guest

    In news:OmyUk.3$2,
    Lobster <> typed:
    > I'm currently using a new Siemens Gigaset S685IP phone in conjunction
    > with a standard landline and VOIP connection (for which I'm using
    > Sipgate).
    > Now, I'd like to organise this so that any incoming calls made to the
    > VOIP number just go straight to voicemail without the phone ringing -
    > ideally to Sipgate's service which then emails me with a notification,
    > but to the handset's built-in one would be fine, too.
    >
    > I still want to be able to make outgoing calls via the Sipgate account
    > though, and I want to be able to answer all incoming calls on the
    > landline normally.
    >
    > Is there any way of doing this? If so, I'm not sure whether it's a
    > function of the handset or the VOIP account... if I knew that I could
    > consult the relevant helpdesk!
    >
    > Thanks
    > David

    Log in to your Sipgate account at https://secure.sipgate.co.uk
    Select SETTINGS just below your name in the top right
    Select the second VOICEMAIL tab
    Select CONFIGURE CALL FORWARDING blue button
    When ringing no answer, select IMMEDIATELY from drop down menu, forward to
    VOICEMAIL
    Tick the box "also applies to 'busy' and 'offline'"
    Then select SAVE blue button.

    HTH
    --

    Don
    Don, Nov 18, 2008

  3. Lobster

    Lobster Guest

    Don wrote:
    > In news:OmyUk.3$2,
    > Lobster <> typed:
    >> I'm currently using a new Siemens Gigaset S685IP phone in conjunction
    >> with a standard landline and VOIP connection (for which I'm using
    >> Sipgate).
    >> Now, I'd like to organise this so that any incoming calls made to the
    >> VOIP number just go straight to voicemail without the phone ringing -
    >> ideally to Sipgate's service which then emails me with a notification,
    >> but to the handset's built-in one would be fine, too.
    >>
    >> I still want to be able to make outgoing calls via the Sipgate account
    >> though, and I want to be able to answer all incoming calls on the
    >> landline normally.
    >>
    >> Is there any way of doing this? If so, I'm not sure whether it's a
    >> function of the handset or the VOIP account... if I knew that I could
    >> consult the relevant helpdesk!

    > Log in to your Sipgate account at https://secure.sipgate.co.uk
    > Select SETTINGS just below your name in the top right
    > Select the second VOICEMAIL tab
    > Select CONFIGURE CALL FORWARDING blue button
    > When ringing no answer, select IMMEDIATELY from drop down menu, forward to
    > VOICEMAIL
    > Tick the box "also applies to 'busy' and 'offline'"
    > Then select SAVE blue button.

    Excellent, thanks - that's just what I was after.
    I had looked through my Sipgate account the other day for this, but I
    think I must have missed the 'configure call forwarding' button or
    something!

    David
    Lobster, Nov 18, 2008