    now?

    Regards,

    Tim Haughton
    Tim Haughton, May 24, 2005

  2. Tim  Haughton

    Egghead Guest

    Do you want to wait a year for the new exam?
    I think for v2 .net cert, M$ may put out a deal that similar to MCSE NT4.0
    to MCSE 2K.

    Egghead

    Egghead, May 24, 2005

  3. Tim  Haughton

    Schfooge Guest

    > What happens to MCP/MCAD/MCSD certifications in .Net when v2 lands on
    > the shelves? Presumably the exams will have to be updated, so is it
    > best to wait for the new exams? Or had we might as well start the exams
    > now?

    As soon as 2005 is out, the question will become "Do I get my cert in 2005
    or wait for Orcas?", and they're already starting to plan the next version
    after Orcas, 'Hawaii'. If you keep putting off getting certified because
    there's a new version due out soon, you'll never get certified. Might as
    well jump in now, because even if 2005 is coming out, companies won't make
    an immediate mass-migration to it. Many companies will still use VS.NET
    2003 for years yet.
    Schfooge, May 25, 2005
  4. Tim  Haughton

    cdury Guest

    The reality is that the changes from v1.1 to v2 are insignificant to
    the skills and/or experience necessary to pass the exams. Take the
    exams now if you can, because there is no version marker on your
    accreditation should you achieve it.
    cdury, May 28, 2005
  5. From the webcast that I recently attended for MCAD preparation, this is the
    information I heard from MS people. There will be new MCAD/MCSD cert track
    for .Net 2.0 and MS will be offering an upgrade path for existing cert
    holders on these track. They also said you can expect the exams in beta
    around the end of this year (ofcourse that's assuming MS still releases
    VS.Net 2005 in summer !).

    Of course, all this means a minimum wait of 8-9 months (as beta exams take
    2-3 months to get released) and just not worth it if you're planning to start
    preparation now !

    =?Utf-8?B?UmFqYQ==?=, May 31, 2005
  6. Thanks for that, Raja. That's some useful info to know. I was hoping for the
    certifications to come for .NET 2.0.

    Regards,
    Davin Eastley

    www.davineastley.tk