Ditch SPA3102?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Linker3000, Oct 20, 2008.

  1. Linker3000

    Linker3000 Guest

    Hi Folks,

    I have a site with a Linksys SPA3102 routing analogue line calls into an
    Asterisk box, but regardless of what I tweak with reference to
    disconnect/silence detection they are getting cut off after 4-6 mins.

    Open to suggestions.

    I have another site using a Fritz!box Fon ATA (1020) and this works fine
    but they do not make this model any more otherwise I'd give one a try -
    it seems that all current similar Fritz units include an ADSL router,
    but on site the analogue line for calls is not the same one as that for
    broadband, Can the current Fritz units have their DSL functionality
    turned off and be used in the same way as the old 1020?

    In any case, any advice appreciated - for example are there any other
    ATAs worth considering - the 3102 may have to go anyway (even if just
    for another one) as the power connector on the box is loose and any
    movement causes it to die.

    Thanks.

    Linker3000, Oct 20, 2008

  2. Linker3000

    Sinna Guest

    Linker3000 wrote:
    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > I have a site with a Linksys SPA3102 routing analogue line calls into an
    > Asterisk box, but regardless of what I tweak with reference to
    > disconnect/silence detection they are getting cut off after 4-6 mins.
    >
    > Open to suggestions.
    >
    > I have another site using a Fritz!box Fon ATA (1020) and this works fine
    > but they do not make this model any more otherwise I'd give one a try -
    > it seems that all current similar Fritz units include an ADSL router,
    > but on site the analogue line for calls is not the same one as that for
    > broadband, Can the current Fritz units have their DSL functionality
    > turned off and be used in the same way as the old 1020?
    >
    > In any case, any advice appreciated - for example are there any other
    > ATAs worth considering - the 3102 may have to go anyway (even if just
    > for another one) as the power connector on the box is loose and any
    > movement causes it to die.
    >
    > Thanks.

    You should figure out what's the cause of the interruption.
    I have the SPA3102 also (but use it stand-alone) and sometimes have
    calls of about one hour, without interruption.

    Sinna

    Sinna, Oct 21, 2008

  3. In article <gditb7$25qd$>,
    Linker3000 <> wrote:
    >Hi Folks,
    >
    >I have a site with a Linksys SPA3102 routing analogue line calls into an
    >Asterisk box, but regardless of what I tweak with reference to
    >disconnect/silence detection they are getting cut off after 4-6 mins.
    >
    >Open to suggestions.

    Can you stick an OpenVox card in the Asterisk box? they're cheaper than
    a digium TDM400 card, but more expensive than an x100p card...

    http://www.voipon.co.uk/openvox-a400p01-1-fxo-p-669.html

    £54.95+VAT.

    Less wiring, mains units, etc....

    >I have another site using a Fritz!box Fon ATA (1020) and this works fine
    >but they do not make this model any more otherwise I'd give one a try -
    >it seems that all current similar Fritz units include an ADSL router,
    >but on site the analogue line for calls is not the same one as that for
    >broadband, Can the current Fritz units have their DSL functionality
    >turned off and be used in the same way as the old 1020?
    >
    >In any case, any advice appreciated - for example are there any other
    >ATAs worth considering - the 3102 may have to go anyway (even if just
    >for another one) as the power connector on the box is loose and any
    >movement causes it to die.

    Just an internal card - assuming your hardware can support it...

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Oct 21, 2008
  4. Linker3000

    Paul Hayes Guest

    Gordon Henderson wrote:
    > In article <gditb7$25qd$>,
    > Linker3000 <> wrote:
    >> Hi Folks,
    >>
    >> I have a site with a Linksys SPA3102 routing analogue line calls into an
    >> Asterisk box, but regardless of what I tweak with reference to
    >> disconnect/silence detection they are getting cut off after 4-6 mins.
    >>
    >> Open to suggestions.

    > Can you stick an OpenVox card in the Asterisk box? they're cheaper than
    > a digium TDM400 card, but more expensive than an x100p card...
    >
    > http://www.voipon.co.uk/openvox-a400p01-1-fxo-p-669.html
    >
    > £54.95+VAT.

    How good are these cards Gordon? They are clones of the Digium TDM
    reference design aren't they (i.e. I guess they are as good as Digium
    TDM cards)?

    I might get one for messing around with at home.

    Paul.

    Paul Hayes, Oct 21, 2008
  5. In article <48fdd87c$0$500$>,
    Paul Hayes <> wrote:
    >Gordon Henderson wrote:
    >> In article <gditb7$25qd$>,
    >> Linker3000 <> wrote:
    >>> Hi Folks,
    >>>
    >>> I have a site with a Linksys SPA3102 routing analogue line calls into an
    >>> Asterisk box, but regardless of what I tweak with reference to
    >>> disconnect/silence detection they are getting cut off after 4-6 mins.
    >>>
    >>> Open to suggestions.

    >> Can you stick an OpenVox card in the Asterisk box? they're cheaper than
    >> a digium TDM400 card, but more expensive than an x100p card...
    >>
    >> http://www.voipon.co.uk/openvox-a400p01-1-fxo-p-669.html
    >>
    >> £54.95+VAT.

    >How good are these cards Gordon? They are clones of the Digium TDM
    >reference design aren't they (i.e. I guess they are as good as Digium
    >TDM cards)?
    >
    >I might get one for messing around with at home.

    I switched to them some time back after getting the runaround from
    Digium over Echo issues (they read this group btw ;-) And they're a lot
    cheaper and easier to get.

    I'm using OpenVox ISDN30 cards too.

    Oslec works a treat on them.

    Where you *may* get issues is putting an analogue card in the same box
    as a digital card - they're somewhat IRQ sensitive, but this all all
    well documented if you search for it. I only tried that once (and it
    was all genuine Digium kit at the time - Digium did respond by letting
    us try a TDM410 card rather than the TDM400 card, but time was of the
    essence on this particular setup and we didn't really get a chance to
    try it as the box was live and we've moved to a plan B for the faxes by
    that time anyway) 2 cards in one box is not a requirement I have for my
    customers at the moment, so I'm quietly ignoring it :)

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Oct 21, 2008
  6. Linker3000 <> wrote in <gditb7$25qd$>:

    > I have another site using a Fritz!box Fon ATA (1020) and this works fine
    > but they do not make this model any more otherwise I'd give one a try -
    > it seems that all current similar Fritz units include an ADSL router,
    > but on site the analogue line for calls is not the same one as that for
    > broadband, Can the current Fritz units have their DSL functionality
    > turned off and be used in the same way as the old 1020?

    You can disable the adsl modem and let it run as dhcp client or configure
    a static IP on its first ethernet port.

    Koos van den Hout

    --
    The Virtual Bookcase, the site about books, book | Koos van den Hout
    news and reviews http://www.virtualbookcase.com/ | http://idefix.net/~koos/

    Koos van den Hout, Oct 22, 2008
  7. Linker3000

    Linker3000 Guest

    Gordon Henderson wrote:
    > In article <gditb7$25qd$>,
    > Linker3000 <> wrote:
    >> Hi Folks,
    >>
    >> I have a site with a Linksys SPA3102 routing analogue line calls into an
    >> Asterisk box, but regardless of what I tweak with reference to
    >> disconnect/silence detection they are getting cut off after 4-6 mins.
    >>
    >> Open to suggestions.

    > Can you stick an OpenVox card in the Asterisk box? they're cheaper than
    > a digium TDM400 card, but more expensive than an x100p card...
    >
    > http://www.voipon.co.uk/openvox-a400p01-1-fxo-p-669.html
    >
    > £54.95+VAT.
    >
    > Less wiring, mains units, etc....
    >
    >> I have another site using a Fritz!box Fon ATA (1020) and this works fine
    >> but they do not make this model any more otherwise I'd give one a try -
    >> it seems that all current similar Fritz units include an ADSL router,
    >> but on site the analogue line for calls is not the same one as that for
    >> broadband, Can the current Fritz units have their DSL functionality
    >> turned off and be used in the same way as the old 1020?
    >>
    >> In any case, any advice appreciated - for example are there any other
    >> ATAs worth considering - the 3102 may have to go anyway (even if just
    >> for another one) as the power connector on the box is loose and any
    >> movement causes it to die.

    > Just an internal card - assuming your hardware can support it...
    >
    > Gordon

    Cheers - I might just get one and have a play.

    Linker3000, Oct 24, 2008