    Thanks for any advice you can offer,

    Richard
    , Dec 18, 2006

  2. > Our Fuji E550 digital camera is starting to distort our photos more and
    > more often.
    >
    > Here's a sample: http://tinyurl.com/y276d7
    >
    > Anyone recognize what's going on?

    Ick. Looks very similar to what my Olympus 5050 did after being dropped. My
    guess is that the repair bill will exceed the value of the camera.

    --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
    www.ChainReactionBicycles.com
    Mike Jacoubowsky, Dec 19, 2006

  3. peter Guest

    "Mike Jacoubowsky" <> wrote in message
    >> Our Fuji E550 digital camera is starting to distort our photos more and
    >> more often.
    >>
    >> Here's a sample: http://tinyurl.com/y276d7
    >>
    >> Anyone recognize what's going on?

    > Ick. Looks very similar to what my Olympus 5050 did after being dropped.
    > My guess is that the repair bill will exceed the value of the camera.
    >
    > --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
    > www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

    A few weeks ago I saw refurbished E550 selling for around $100.
    Or perhaps you could find better/newer camera to replace the E550.

    The closest to the E550 I found is the Canon S80. It has 28mm wide angle,
    even wider than E550. The down side is very expensive. Another wide angle
    compact camera is kodak P880 but other than the 24mm wide lens there's
    nothing special.
    peter, Dec 19, 2006
  4. John Turco Guest

    peter wrote:

    > "Mike Jacoubowsky" <> wrote in message
    > >> Our Fuji E550 digital camera is starting to distort our photos more and
    > >> more often.
    > >>
    > >> Here's a sample: http://tinyurl.com/y276d7
    > >>
    > >> Anyone recognize what's going on?

    > > Ick. Looks very similar to what my Olympus 5050 did after being dropped.
    > > My guess is that the repair bill will exceed the value of the camera.
    > >
    > > --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
    > > www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

    > A few weeks ago I saw refurbished E550 selling for around $100.
    > Or perhaps you could find better/newer camera to replace the E550.
    >
    > The closest to the E550 I found is the Canon S80. It has 28mm wide angle,
    > even wider than E550. The down side is very expensive. Another wide angle
    > compact camera is kodak P880 but other than the 24mm wide lens there's
    > nothing special.

    Hello, Peter:

    I own a Kodak P850, and it's far from "compact." The P880 is even
    bigger, being at (or near) the size of a DSLR camera.

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>
    John Turco, Dec 23, 2006