    Can authentication method order be specified?
    Hope my question is clear.
    Thanks

    AM, May 20, 2005

  2. On Fri, 20 May 2005 15:23:50 GMT, AM <> wrote:

    ~ Hi all,
    ~
    ~ I would implement authentication for vty session by radius server. The requests for the authentication will travel over
    ~ an encrypted tunnel. Moreover I would have the possibility to enter the router even if the tunnel will go down.
    ~ The scenario is the following:
    ~ - all authentications will pass through radius server (and the tunnel) but if the tunnel goes down (i.e. the radius
    ~ server is not reachable)
    ~ - authenticate users against local list (i.e. "login local").
    ~
    ~ Can authentication method order be specified?
    ~ Hope my question is clear.
    ~ Thanks

    aaa authentication login VTYS group radius local
    line vty 0 <end>
    login authentication VTYS

    Aaron Leonard, May 20, 2005