    voice line....

    Anyone overcome this without major work? It'd be nice to have some help
    figuring this one out..

    Adrian, Apr 4, 2005

  2. Adrian

    MrGrumpy Guest

    So whats the problem?, all comms.software I've used has the facility to
    answer only fax calls.

    "Adrian" <> wrote in message
    > Guess what! Windows XP and 2000 DO NOT support distinctive ringning! This
    > makes my job of trying to make a computer take faxes on the same line as

    my

    MrGrumpy, Apr 4, 2005

  3. Adrian

    JANA Guest

    You mean you just discovered that now? This was a known issue for years
    starting with Win 2000! The reason why, if you were to dig in to this, is
    that these operating systems are for professional applications. Professional
    operations use a separate line for their fax machine for obvious reasons.

    --

    If you want to be an amateur about this, go to your local telephone company
    sales, or anyone who sells telephone equipment add-ons, and buy a

    The best solution is to have a separate fax line that is just for faxing.
    This way, you can be on the phone doing your business, and or yapping with
    your missy, while the faxes come in. There will be no distinctive ring
    problem, and at the same time, people who didn't realize the distinctive
    ring sound, will not be accidentally picking up the phone while faxes are
    going on. Just make sure that the wife doesn't pick the line up while you
    are yapping to the missy!

    It will not be comfortable to call back your clients, and suppliers all the
    time, to have a fax re-send. Some may even start shouting at you to get a
    second line for the fax!

    --

    JANA
    _____