    Why don't we dissolve this Group and form a new one under a different name.
    GET RID OF SPAM!
    bOB

    Guest, Mar 26, 2008

  2. Guest

    ray Guest

    On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:57:41 -0400, polkrobert wrote:

    > Why don't we dissolve this Group and form a new one under a different
    > name. GET RID OF SPAM!
    > bOB

    Only a temporary fix. Better to learn to filter.

    ray, Mar 26, 2008

  3. <> wrote:
    >Why don't we dissolve this Group

    Pretty much imposssible. Actually deleting a big 8 NG is unrealistic.
    There are groups which were officially removed a decade ago but are
    still carried by numerous servers.

    >and form a new one under a different name.
    >GET RID OF SPAM!

    That would be a _very_ temporary stop-gap measure that works only until
    the spam bot updates its NG list the next time.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Mar 26, 2008
  4. In article <GnuGj.10787$>,
    <> wrote:

    > Why don't we dissolve this Group and form a new one under a different name.
    > GET RID OF SPAM!
    > bOB

    Your not reading the group is no different for you from dissolving it.

    --
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing
    good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good

    Steven Weinberg

    Ockham's Razor, Mar 26, 2008
  5. Guest

    Bert Hyman Guest

    () wrote in

    > Why don't we dissolve this Group and form a new one under a
    > different name.

    Well, why don't you?

    --
    Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

    Bert Hyman, Mar 26, 2008
  6. Guest

    Jim Townsend Guest

    wrote:

    > Why don't we dissolve this Group and form a new one under a different name.
    > GET RID OF SPAM!

    No need to dissolve THIS group.. Dissolve GOOGLE GROUPS and the spam will end.

    Until Google decides to get a handle on the spamming, you'll need to take the
    initiative and completely filter them out.

    When you eliminate Google groups, you'll find that 99% of the spam will vanish.

    Jim Townsend, Mar 26, 2008
  7. Guest

    JT's Ghost Guest

    <> wrote:

    > Why don't we dissolve this Group and form a new one under a different name.
    > GET RID OF SPAM!
    > bOB

    Tired of spam?

    - JT
    Life will be GOOD

    "The pendulum of the mind oscillates between sense and nonsense,
    not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

    JT's Ghost, Mar 26, 2008
  8. Guest

    bugbear Guest

    wrote:
    > Why don't we dissolve this Group and form a new one under a different name.

    Because spammers and trolls would never find the
    new group, obviously...

    BugBear

    bugbear, Mar 27, 2008
  9. On Mar 26, 10:57 am, <> wrote:
    > Why don't we dissolve this Group and form a new one under a different name.
    > GET RID OF SPAM!
    > bOB

    Because the spammers are spamming ALL newsgroups!

    Don Stauffer in Minnesota, Mar 27, 2008
  10. Guest

    Allen Guest

    wrote:
    > Why don't we dissolve this Group and form a new one under a different name.
    > GET RID OF SPAM!
    > bOB

    Spam is very easy to filter and to spot. IMO, it isn't nearly as big a
    problem as some of the crackpots who post here. Administering a sanity
    test and an IQ test to new posters would improve this ng.
    Allen

    Allen, Mar 27, 2008
  11. Allen wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Why don't we dissolve this Group and form a new one under a different
    >> name. GET RID OF SPAM!
    >> bOB
    >>

    > Spam is very easy to filter and to spot. IMO, it isn't nearly as big a
    > problem as some of the crackpots who post here. Administering a sanity
    > test and an IQ test to new posters would improve this ng.
    > Allen

    But that would exclude too many of us! It's really the "old" posters who
    are problematical.

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Mar 27, 2008
  12. Guest

    Chris Savage Guest

    On 2008-03-27, Allen <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Why don't we dissolve this Group and form a new one under a different name.
    >> GET RID OF SPAM!
    >>

    > Spam is very easy to filter and to spot. IMO, it isn't nearly as big a
    > problem as some of the crackpots who post here.

    Since most of those crackpots are wont to crosspost to aus.photo they
    are similarly easy to filter.

    --
    Chris Savage Kiss me. Or would you rather live in a
    Gateshead, UK land where the soap won't lather?

    Chris Savage, Mar 27, 2008
  13. Guest

    bugbear Guest

    John McWilliams wrote:
    > Allen wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> Why don't we dissolve this Group and form a new one under a different
    >>> name. GET RID OF SPAM!
    >>> bOB
    >>>

    >> Spam is very easy to filter and to spot. IMO, it isn't nearly as big a
    >> problem as some of the crackpots who post here. Administering a sanity
    >> test and an IQ test to new posters would improve this ng.
    >> Allen

    > But that would exclude too many of us! It's really the "old" posters who
    > are problematical.

    So filter by name. easy. My only problem
    is people who REPLY to the trouble makers.

    BugBear

    bugbear, Mar 28, 2008
  14. Chris Savage wrote:
    > On 2008-03-27, Allen <> wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> Why don't we dissolve this Group and form a new one under a different name.
    >>> GET RID OF SPAM!
    >>>

    >> Spam is very easy to filter and to spot. IMO, it isn't nearly as big a
    >> problem as some of the crackpots who post here.

    > Since most of those crackpots are wont to crosspost to aus.photo they
    > are similarly easy to filter.

    Yes, filtering is easy for most of us who've been around usenet a few
    clicks of the lunar or solar cycle. Main concern is the barrier all the
    spam and trolling erect for newbies who take one look and never come back.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Mar 28, 2008