Dissatisfied Customer's Message to Bill Gates:

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by victimizedbyms@yahoo.com, Feb 20, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Dissatisfied Customer's Message to Bill Gates:
    Ineffectual, rude, and insulting tech support will send MS customers
    to competitors!

    It is bad enough that Windows XP Professional has many problems and
    that Microsoft takes away jobs from qualified Americans through
    outsourcing. With all due respect, to provide rude and ineffective
    technical support, as I have just experienced, not only adds insult to
    injury; it provides motivation to buy anything but a Microsoft
    product!

    As a result of a defective Windows XP Professional operating system
    that MS has been unable to repair so far and a never kept call-back
    appointment by a technician, I got a call from Microsoft where a man
    who identified himself as Douglas Mullen, Manager of Microsoft in Nova
    Scotia, was rude, obnoxious and insulting. He refused to let me speak
    to his supervisor and even made a disparaging remark concerning the
    Pope before he hung up on me!

    I am having multiple problems with Windows XP Professional retail
    version that I recently installed on a new hard drive. The worst is
    that my MICROSOFT optical mouse (and other types of mice) freezes up
    the os. After spending hours on the phone dealing with a
    difficult-to-understand accent and poor telephone connection and with
    a technician from India who apparently did not have either the
    knowledge or ability to resolve the problems, I reluctantly
    rescheduled an appointment with Microsoft for yesterday, 2/19/06 at
    2PM eastern US time. I never received the call, nor did I get any
    email - even one saying that the tech was unable to call, unable to
    get through to me or had to reschedule.

    Instead I was woken up by Microsoft today on Sunday. When I asked to
    speak to a supervisor, I got Mr. Mullen, who insisted that I had been
    called back yesterday and an email had been sent to me saying that the
    person could not get through. He got very rude, obnoxious and
    insulting when I insisted that both my wife and I were here at the
    scheduled time, I have call waiting with caller ID, voicemail when the
    two lines are busy and I never receive any email from MS yesterday or
    so far today.

    Mr. Mullen refused to address the fact that I was not called back
    yesterday and did not receive any emails from MS. He would not let me
    speak to his supervisor. He did not answer my questions about who was
    in charge in his office or country. He said "Yes I am rude but I am
    the only one you will speak to" and "I do not care if you write the
    Pope." He insisted that I had a "one-time only offer" to get a call
    back "take it or leave it!." Although I answered that I did want it,
    he only offered it on a day when I would not be here and rudely hung
    up on me with out making an appointment.

    It is bad enough that Windows XP professional has many problems, that
    Microsoft takes away jobs from qualified Americans. But to provide
    rude and ineffective technical support with "a take-it or-lave-it"
    attitude not only adds insult to injury; it provides motivation to buy
    anything but a Microsoft product! Are you listening Mr. Bill Gates or
    is the only way you will get the message is when MS loses substantial
    sales?

    Thank you,

    , Feb 20, 2006

  2. Robert Baer Guest

    wrote:

> [...]
    > speak to his supervisor. He did not answer my questions about who was
    > in charge in his office or country. He said "Yes I am rude but I am
    > the only one you will speak to" and "I do not care if you write the
    > Pope." He insisted that I had a "one-time only offer" to get a call
    > back "take it or leave it!." Although I answered that I did want it,
    > he only offered it on a day when I would not be here and rudely hung
    > up on me with out making an appointment.
    >
    > It is bad enough that Windows XP professional has many problems, that
    > Microsoft takes away jobs from qualified Americans. But to provide
    > rude and ineffective technical support with "a take-it or-lave-it"
    > attitude not only adds insult to injury; it provides motivation to buy
    > anything but a Microsoft product! Are you listening Mr. Bill Gates or
    > is the only way you will get the message is when MS loses substantial

    Be advised that *nobody* that works for M$ will read your message,
    that is to say, nobody worth his/her own salt.
    You will not get a grain (salt or otherwise) of response from them.
    Get all of the facte together in chronological order: what happened,
    when,who did you talk to, what was said; all the detail.
    Then file a suit in small claims court (will cost about $50 depending
    on the state); sue for the cost of the software, the cost of the
    phonecalls, and *ask* for punitive damages to cover pain and suffering
    (some states do not allow that).
    If you do a good job in court, you will at least get your money back.
    Some states give various choices of collection, one might be freezing
    a bank account (!!).
    You will have to find out the agent of service for M$, which is
    public info and fairly easy to get.
    ***
    There are a number of sites that conver stuff against M$, find all of
    them and see which ones will add your tale of woes (include all
    documentation), and add in the court case!
    Robert Baer, Feb 20, 2006

  3. Icarus Guest

    "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    > ***
    > There are a number of sites that conver stuff against M$, find all of
    > them and see which ones will add your tale of woes (include all
    > documentation), and add in the court case!

    Needle in a haystack!

    BG doesn't need to offer you anything more. Why, because countless millions
    are 'successfully' using 'Windows 9x' and, you are or will be wasting time
    and money in this futile protest.

    Icarus, Feb 20, 2006
  4. Guest

    That's an interesting approach. However, I do not know that it would
    be worth my time.

    I did want to let people know about the poor service and arogance that
    I have encountered from MS this time and in the past.

    That's why I posted.

    Thank you.

    On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 09:28:43 GMT, Robert Baer
    <> wrote:

> [...]

    > Get all of the facte together in chronological order: what happened,
    >when,who did you talk to, what was said; all the detail.
    > Then file a suit in small claims court (will cost about $50 depending
    >on the state); sue for the cost of the software, the cost of the
    >phonecalls, and *ask* for punitive damages to cover pain and suffering
    >(some states do not allow that).
    > If you do a good job in court, you will at least get your money back.
    > Some states give various choices of collection, one might be freezing
    >a bank account (!!).
    > You will have to find out the agent of service for M$, which is
    >public info and fairly easy to get.
    >***
    > There are a number of sites that conver stuff against M$, find all of
    >them and see which ones will add your tale of woes (include all
    >documentation), and add in the court case!
  5. Guest

    Thank you for your reply. However, your logic is faulty.

    There are millons of cars on the road that travel safely. If one of
    them causes damage through an accident due to incompetentcy of the
    driver or a defect in vehicle construction, there is (are) indeed
    valid cause(s) of action by the injured party.

    Mr. Gates is a very smart business man. I do not think he is awair of
    the mannor that some of his personnel is treating their coustomers,
    their arogance or incompetancy. Hopfully he (or one of his executives)
    will try to make it right.

    Otherwiser, if enough people voice their opinion on public forums and
    ultimately on the retail level and the stock-market, it will persuade
    Microsoft to manage their products and employees better -- or they
    will lose sales and market share.

    I have not yet posted on stock-market forums, but that might be a way
    to go if my situation is still not resolved.

    Thank you.

  6. Plato Guest

    Robert Baer wrote:

    > Then file a suit in small claims court (will cost about $50 depending
    > on the state); sue for the cost of the software, the cost of the
    > phonecalls, and *ask* for punitive damages to cover pain and suffering
    > (some states do not allow that).

    You'd have to ask for a refund from the place you bought the software
    from first. If they say no, then I believe you'd have to take them to
    court, not MS.

    In other words, if I bought a Murray lawnmower from Sears that didn't
    work and they refused a replacement or refund, I believe I'd have to
    take Sears to court, not Murray.

    Of course I could be off base on this. For example, people with problems
    with presctiption drugs dont take the doctor or pharmasist to court they
    take the maker of the drug to court.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Feb 20, 2006
  7. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > Ineffectual, rude, and insulting tech support will send MS customers
    > to competitors!

    There are NO competitors.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Feb 20, 2006
  8. Guest

    On 20 Feb 2006 16:12:09 -0600, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >>
    >> Ineffectual, rude, and insulting tech support will send MS customers
    >> to competitors!

    >There are NO competitors.

    Microsoft has many competitors depending on the product.
    , Feb 21, 2006
  9. Robert Baer Guest

    wrote:

> [...]

    >> Get all of the facte together in chronological order: what happened,
    >>when,who did you talk to, what was said; all the detail.
    >> Then file a suit in small claims court (will cost about $50 depending
    >>on the state); sue for the cost of the software, the cost of the
    >>phonecalls, and *ask* for punitive damages to cover pain and suffering
    >>(some states do not allow that).
    >> If you do a good job in court, you will at least get your money back.
    >> Some states give various choices of collection, one might be freezing
    >>a bank account (!!).
    >> You will have to find out the agent of service for M$, which is
    >>public info and fairly easy to get.
    >>***
    >> There are a number of sites that conver stuff against M$, find all of
    >>them and see which ones will add your tale of woes (include all
    >>documentation), and add in the court case!

    Small claims court can be very useful...make sure that that asshole
    is one of those served for appearence in court.
    If he shows and even tries to use the same tactics in court, he will
    wind up with a hefty fine and a fair number of days in jail, which is
    something to look forward to.
    IF he does not show, then he is in contempt of court and a warrant
    for his arrest is posted; he better not show up in that juridstiction or
    he will wind up in jail.
    Robert Baer, Feb 21, 2006
  10. Robert Baer Guest

    Plato wrote:

    > Robert Baer wrote:
    >
    >> Then file a suit in small claims court (will cost about $50 depending
    >>on the state); sue for the cost of the software, the cost of the
    >>phonecalls, and *ask* for punitive damages to cover pain and suffering
    >>(some states do not allow that).

    > You'd have to ask for a refund from the place you bought the software
    > from first. If they say no, then I believe you'd have to take them to
    > court, not MS.
    >
    > In other words, if I bought a Murray lawnmower from Sears that didn't
    > work and they refused a replacement or refund, I believe I'd have to
    > take Sears to court, not Murray.
    >
    > Of course I could be off base on this. For example, people with problems
    > with presctiption drugs dont take the doctor or pharmasist to court they
    > take the maker of the drug to court.

    Actually, one seems to have a choice; in the lawnmower case, Sears is
    the source of first recourse and if they say "we cannot fix it, go to
    Murray" then get that in writing and sue Murray.
    If you write Murray and they say "by contract, Sears is where to get
    satisfaction" and you do *not* get satisfaction, then take sears to
    court and present the letter as evidence that Sears has violated their
    contract, along with the fact of non-service.
    In this case, the owner of M$ software attempted to get satisfaction
    directly from the software maker M$ and was *not* told that XYZ
    MerchantSales was under contact to provide that support.
    Therefore, M$ has not ducked the bullet and remains in its path.

    That does not mean that he should not make attempts toget XYZ to give
    support; in fact he should do so before going to court so that he
    honestly say "i tried that and they know squat and said to go to M$"
    which is usually the case.
    He should try to get that in writing (fat chance, but ask politely;
    get name, date of transactions).
    Robert Baer, Feb 21, 2006
  11. Oldus Fartus Guest

    Robert Baer wrote:
    > Plato wrote:
    >
    >> Robert Baer wrote:
    >>
    >>> Then file a suit in small claims court (will cost about $50 depending
    >>> on the state); sue for the cost of the software, the cost of the
    >>> phonecalls, and *ask* for punitive damages to cover pain and suffering
    >>> (some states do not allow that).

    >> You'd have to ask for a refund from the place you bought the software
    >> from first. If they say no, then I believe you'd have to take them to
    >> court, not MS.
    >> In other words, if I bought a Murray lawnmower from Sears that didn't
    >> work and they refused a replacement or refund, I believe I'd have to
    >> take Sears to court, not Murray.
    >> Of course I could be off base on this. For example, people with problems
    >> with presctiption drugs dont take the doctor or pharmasist to court they
    >> take the maker of the drug to court.
    >>

    > Actually, one seems to have a choice; in the lawnmower case, Sears is
    > the source of first recourse and if they say "we cannot fix it, go to
    > Murray" then get that in writing and sue Murray.
    > If you write Murray and they say "by contract, Sears is where to get
    > satisfaction" and you do *not* get satisfaction, then take sears to
    > court and present the letter as evidence that Sears has violated their
    > contract, along with the fact of non-service.
    > In this case, the owner of M$ software attempted to get satisfaction
    > directly from the software maker M$ and was *not* told that XYZ
    > MerchantSales was under contact to provide that support.
    > Therefore, M$ has not ducked the bullet and remains in its path.
    >
    > That does not mean that he should not make attempts toget XYZ to give
    > support; in fact he should do so before going to court so that he
    > honestly say "i tried that and they know squat and said to go to M$"
    > which is usually the case.
    > He should try to get that in writing (fat chance, but ask politely;
    > get name, date of transactions).

    You know, I really have to bow to your superior knowledge here. You
    obviously have had an exchange of emails with the OP, and he has been
    able to show you that his problem wasn't related to any error or
    omission on his part. I am sure he ran the compatibility test before
    installing, and I am sure he made sure all software he is running is
    suitable.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, Feb 21, 2006
  12. Guest

    On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:50:58 GMT, Robert Baer
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> That's an interesting approach. However, I do not know that it would
    >> be worth my time.
    >>
    >> I did want to let people know about the poor service and arogance that
    >> I have encountered from MS this time and in the past.
    >>
    >> That's why I posted.
    >>
    >> Thank you.
    >>
    >> On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 09:28:43 GMT, Robert Baer
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Be advised that *nobody* that works for M$ will read your message,
    >>>that is to say, nobody worth his/her own salt.
    >>> You will not get a grain (salt or otherwise) of response from them.
    >>> Get all of the facte together in chronological order: what happened,
    >>>when,who did you talk to, what was said; all the detail.
    >>> Then file a suit in small claims court (will cost about $50 depending
    >>>on the state); sue for the cost of the software, the cost of the
    >>>phonecalls, and *ask* for punitive damages to cover pain and suffering
    >>>(some states do not allow that).
    >>> If you do a good job in court, you will at least get your money back.
    >>> Some states give various choices of collection, one might be freezing
    >>>a bank account (!!).
    >>> You will have to find out the agent of service for M$, which is
    >>>public info and fairly easy to get.
    >>>***
    >>> There are a number of sites that conver stuff against M$, find all of
    >>>them and see which ones will add your tale of woes (include all
    >>>documentation), and add in the court case!

    > Small claims court can be very useful...make sure that that asshole
    >is one of those served for appearence in court.
    > If he shows and even tries to use the same tactics in court, he will
    >wind up with a hefty fine and a fair number of days in jail, which is
    >something to look forward to.
    > IF he does not show, then he is in contempt of court and a warrant
    >for his arrest is posted; he better not show up in that juridstiction or
    >he will wind up in jail.

    I doubt that I could serve someone in Nova Scotia from the USA, even
    if I wanted to.

    But, thanks.
    , Feb 21, 2006
  13. Guest

    On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 22:05:23 +0800, Oldus Fartus
    <> wrote:

    >Robert Baer wrote:
    >> Plato wrote:

    >>> You'd have to ask for a refund from the place you bought the software
    >>> from first. If they say no, then I believe you'd have to take them to
    >>> court, not MS.
    >>> In other words, if I bought a Murray lawnmower from Sears that didn't
    >>> work and they refused a replacement or refund, I believe I'd have to
    >>> take Sears to court, not Murray.
    >>> Of course I could be off base on this. For example, people with problems
    >>> with presctiption drugs dont take the doctor or pharmasist to court they
    >>> take the maker of the drug to court.
    >>>

    >> Actually, one seems to have a choice; in the lawnmower case, Sears is
    >> the source of first recourse and if they say "we cannot fix it, go to
    >> Murray" then get that in writing and sue Murray.
    >> If you write Murray and they say "by contract, Sears is where to get
    >> satisfaction" and you do *not* get satisfaction, then take sears to
    >> court and present the letter as evidence that Sears has violated their
    >> contract, along with the fact of non-service.
    >> In this case, the owner of M$ software attempted to get satisfaction
    >> directly from the software maker M$ and was *not* told that XYZ
    >> MerchantSales was under contact to provide that support.
    >> Therefore, M$ has not ducked the bullet and remains in its path.
    >>
    >> That does not mean that he should not make attempts toget XYZ to give
    >> support; in fact he should do so before going to court so that he
    >> honestly say "i tried that and they know squat and said to go to M$"
    >> which is usually the case.
    >> He should try to get that in writing (fat chance, but ask politely;
    >> get name, date of transactions).

    >You know, I really have to bow to your superior knowledge here. You
    >obviously have had an exchange of emails with the OP, and he has been
    >able to show you that his problem wasn't related to any error or
    >omission on his part. I am sure he ran the compatibility test before
    >installing, and I am sure he made sure all software he is running is
    >suitable.

    Not my intention to get involved with a personal dispute, but FYI my
    computer and software are XP compatable. Everything was running fine
    on another drive before I added a larger, new drive. Thanks.
    , Feb 21, 2006
  14. Oldus Fartus Guest

    wrote:
    > On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 22:05:23 +0800, Oldus Fartus
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> You know, I really have to bow to your superior knowledge here. You
    >> obviously have had an exchange of emails with the OP, and he has been
    >> able to show you that his problem wasn't related to any error or
    >> omission on his part. I am sure he ran the compatibility test before
    >> installing, and I am sure he made sure all software he is running is
    >> suitable.

    > Not my intention to get involved with a personal dispute, but FYI my
    > computer and software are XP compatable. Everything was running fine
    > on another drive before I added a larger, new drive. Thanks.

    My comment was directed to Robert Baer, who seemed to have knowledge
    nobody else did in rather forcefully recommending suing MS for their
    actions when the information you have given in this newsgroup was limited.

    In your original posting you said "As a result of a defective Windows XP
    Professional operating system", but now you say everything was running
    fine until you added a larger, new drive. It may be splitting hairs,
    but there was nothing in your original post to suggest that prior to
    adding the new drive, everything had been OK. It would also suggest
    that the problem isn't the OS, but the installation of the OS, OR caused
    by the new hardware. Once again though, I could not comment because
    you have not provided enough detail.

    If the main thrust of your complaint though is with the attitude of MS
    employees and their arrogance, then I would agree with you based upon

    Oldus Fartus, Feb 22, 2006