    I have a couple disposable cameras that I took pictures with but never had
    developed. They've been sitting on a shelve collecting dust for a couple
    years. If I took these in could I still get the pictures developed? TIA
    twinkle, Mar 2, 2004

  2. twinkle

    Drifter Guest

    On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 16:51:46 -0800, "twinkle" <>
    wrote:

    >I have a couple disposable cameras that I took pictures with but never had
    >developed. They've been sitting on a shelve collecting dust for a couple
    >years. If I took these in could I still get the pictures developed? TIA

    As long as they haven't been sitting in a hot area (like the trunk of
    a car) they'll probably be fine.

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."
    Drifter, Mar 2, 2004

  3. twinkle

    mutt Guest

    they should develop but the colours may have shifted somewhat. I once fourn
    a roll of 110 film from when i was a kid had it processed had whacky pink
    sky in some of them hehe
    regards,
    mutt

    mutt, Mar 2, 2004
  4. twinkle

    Ron Andrews Guest

    "twinkle" <> wrote in message
    > I have a couple disposable cameras that I took pictures with but never had
    > developed. They've been sitting on a shelve collecting dust for a couple
    > years. If I took these in could I still get the pictures developed? TIA

    These cameras have expiration dates just like other rolls of film. If
    you no longer have the packaging where the expiration date was printed, you
    can guess that they will be good for about two years. They don't go bad all
    at once--they just gradually build up fog, loose speed and loose contrast.
    You will probably get decent pictures if you don't underexpose the film. I
    wouldn't use them for a once-in-a-lifetime event though.
    BTW, a Kodak rep once took me to task for calling these things
    disposable cameras. His line was that if you throw them away, you wont get
    any pictures back. They like to call them one-time-use cameras. He had the
    whole spiel about how many parts are recycled. I suspect he has had some
    pointed questions from environmentalists.
    Ron Andrews, Mar 2, 2004
  5. twinkle

    Ron Hunter Guest

    twinkle wrote:

    > I have a couple disposable cameras that I took pictures with but never had
    > developed. They've been sitting on a shelve collecting dust for a couple
    > years. If I took these in could I still get the pictures developed? TIA

    Sure. There may be some image degradation, but the pictures from these
    cameras aren't too good at best, so you probably won't notice.
    Ron Hunter, Mar 2, 2004
  6. twinkle

    Mxsmanic Guest

    twinkle writes:

    > I have a couple disposable cameras that I took pictures with but never had
    > developed. They've been sitting on a shelve collecting dust for a couple
    > years. If I took these in could I still get the pictures developed? TIA

    Yes. You should still be able to get pretty decent results. Film
    deteriorates very slowly over time, but modern minilabs can often
    compensate for small color shifts and the other anomalies that occur as
    film ages.

    Mxsmanic, Mar 2, 2004
  7. twinkle

    Guest

    "twinkle" <> wrote:

    > I have a couple disposable cameras that I took pictures with but never had
    > developed. They've been sitting on a shelve collecting dust for a couple
    > years. If I took these in could I still get the pictures developed? TIA

    Yes, the pictures are still able to be developed. I must warn you however that the
    people in the original photographs you took will not have aged along with the film.
    They will look exactly like they did when you took the photos. HTH
    , Mar 2, 2004