    Archival would be nice.

    Any suggestions are appreciated.

    TIA
    eddie rukidding, Apr 29, 2007

  2. eddie rukidding

    Bob Williams Guest

    eddie rukidding wrote:

    > For those of you who have hardcopies of your photos -
    >
    > Can anyone point me to "photo album" like display methods that work
    > well? How do you make your photos available for viewing without
    > mounting them on the wall (or turn on your computer!!)?
    >
    > I have a number of my prized photos (up to 8x10) that I would like to
    > put in a book or album so that I can share these with visitors to my
    > home. I have no intention of publishing or selling these.
    >
    > Years ago, I tried the "magnetic" type albums with poor results. I am
    > looking for a quality result that will last but will allow me to
    > update (add, delete photos and pages).
    >
    > Archival would be nice.
    >
    > Any suggestions are appreciated.
    >
    > TIA

    Common Problem.....Easy Solution.
    Get a package of "Page Protectors" at Office Depot.
    They are 8.5 x 11.0 and are punched for a 3-Ring Bindrer.
    They are made from Polypropylene so they do not have any plasticizer to
    leach out and stick to yor photo. They are very archival
    They are available in glossy and satin surface.
    I prefer glossy but YMMV.
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Apr 29, 2007

  3. eddie rukidding

    Allen Guest

    eddie rukidding wrote:
    > For those of you who have hardcopies of your photos -
    >
    > Can anyone point me to "photo album" like display methods that work
    > well? How do you make your photos available for viewing without
    > mounting them on the wall (or turn on your computer!!)?
    >
    > I have a number of my prized photos (up to 8x10) that I would like to
    > put in a book or album so that I can share these with visitors to my
    > home. I have no intention of publishing or selling these.
    >
    > Years ago, I tried the "magnetic" type albums with poor results. I am
    > looking for a quality result that will last but will allow me to
    > update (add, delete photos and pages).
    >
    > Archival would be nice.
    >
    > Any suggestions are appreciated.
    >
    > TIA

    I like 3-ring looseleaf binders with PrintFile pages; these are
    available in many different sizes, up to 8.5x11, and down at least to
    2.25" square.
    I favor the binders with a clear plastic window on the spine so that
    labels can be inserted.
    As far as those "magnetic" pages go, stay as far away from them as you
    can. I'm sorry to say that my father-in-law, wonderful in every other
    respect, put many, many family pictures in those things. When my wife
    inherited them the first thing we did was to get the pictures loose--not
    a very easy job if they have been on them very long. He also put some
    newspaper clippings on those things, and they became as one. Curses upon
    the inventor of them.
    Allen
    Allen, Apr 29, 2007
  4. eddie rukidding

    ray Guest

    On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 17:54:53 +0000, eddie rukidding wrote:

    > For those of you who have hardcopies of your photos -
    >
    > Can anyone point me to "photo album" like display methods that work
    > well? How do you make your photos available for viewing without
    > mounting them on the wall (or turn on your computer!!)?
    >
    > I have a number of my prized photos (up to 8x10) that I would like to
    > put in a book or album so that I can share these with visitors to my
    > home. I have no intention of publishing or selling these.
    >
    > Years ago, I tried the "magnetic" type albums with poor results. I am
    > looking for a quality result that will last but will allow me to
    > update (add, delete photos and pages).
    >
    > Archival would be nice.
    >
    > Any suggestions are appreciated.
    >
    > TIA

    For shorter term display of 'current favourites' you might try one of the
    digital picture frames.
    ray, Apr 30, 2007
  5. On Apr 29, 12:54 pm, eddie rukidding <> wrote:
    > For those of you who have hardcopies of your photos -
    >
    > Can anyone point me to "photo album" like display methods that work
    > well? How do you make your photos available for viewing without
    > mounting them on the wall (or turn on your computer!!)?
    >
    > I have a number of my prized photos (up to 8x10) that I would like to
    > put in a book or album so that I can share these with visitors to my
    > home. I have no intention of publishing or selling these.
    >
    > Years ago, I tried the "magnetic" type albums with poor results. I am
    > looking for a quality result that will last but will allow me to
    > update (add, delete photos and pages).
    >
    > Archival would be nice.
    >
    > Any suggestions are appreciated.
    >
    > TIA

    One can still buy the old photo scrapbooks that do not use the
    "magnetic" (plastic sleeve) pages. They use an archival paper, and
    one uses "photo corners" to mount the photos on the page. These
    things are little triangular envelopes that you paste to page and put
    each corner of the photo into. Both the albums/scrapbooks and the
    corners are a bit hard to find, but getting to be less so with the
    growth of the "scrapbooking" hobby and stores dedicated to same.
    Don Stauffer in Minnesota, Apr 30, 2007
  6. eddie rukidding

    tomm42 Guest

    On Apr 30, 9:03 am, Don Stauffer in Minnesota <>
    wrote:
    > On Apr 29, 12:54 pm, eddie rukidding <> wrote:
    >

    > > For those of you who have hardcopies of your photos -

    > > Can anyone point me to "photo album" like display methods that work
    > > well? How do you make your photos available for viewing without
    > > mounting them on the wall (or turn on your computer!!)?

    > > I have a number of my prized photos (up to 8x10) that I would like to
    > > put in a book or album so that I can share these with visitors to my
    > > home. I have no intention of publishing or selling these.

    > > Years ago, I tried the "magnetic" type albums with poor results. I am
    > > looking for a quality result that will last but will allow me to
    > > update (add, delete photos and pages).

    > > Archival would be nice.

    > > Any suggestions are appreciated.

    > > TIA

    > One can still buy the old photo scrapbooks that do not use the
    > "magnetic" (plastic sleeve) pages. They use an archival paper, and
    > one uses "photo corners" to mount the photos on the page. These
    > things are little triangular envelopes that you paste to page and put
    > each corner of the photo into. Both the albums/scrapbooks and the
    > corners are a bit hard to find, but getting to be less so with the
    > growth of the "scrapbooking" hobby and stores dedicated to same.

    Scrapbook materials are a good idea, especially since they seem to be
    a good source for archival materials. The binder works if you have
    polyethelene page holders, but just doesn't look that nice. You can
    also get portfolios from an art supply store, they come in 8x10 and
    up, I like 11x14 for photos. This will make a nice impression when
    showing pictures. The last and most expensive is to have an archival
    box and archivally interleaved pictures in the box. Put on your white
    gloves and make a show out of it.

    Tom
    tomm42, Apr 30, 2007
  7. On 30 Apr 2007 07:22:39 -0700, tomm42 <> wrote:

    >On Apr 30, 9:03 am, Don Stauffer in Minnesota <>
    >wrote:
    >> On Apr 29, 12:54 pm, eddie rukidding <> wrote:
    >>

    >> > For those of you who have hardcopies of your photos -

    >> > Can anyone point me to "photo album" like display methods that work
    >> > well? How do you make your photos available for viewing without
    >> > mounting them on the wall (or turn on your computer!!)?

    >> > I have a number of my prized photos (up to 8x10) that I would like to
    >> > put in a book or album so that I can share these with visitors to my
    >> > home. I have no intention of publishing or selling these.

    >> > Years ago, I tried the "magnetic" type albums with poor results. I am
    >> > looking for a quality result that will last but will allow me to
    >> > update (add, delete photos and pages).

    >> > Archival would be nice.

    >> > Any suggestions are appreciated.

    >> > TIA

    >> One can still buy the old photo scrapbooks that do not use the
    >> "magnetic" (plastic sleeve) pages. They use an archival paper, and
    >> one uses "photo corners" to mount the photos on the page. These
    >> things are little triangular envelopes that you paste to page and put
    >> each corner of the photo into. Both the albums/scrapbooks and the
    >> corners are a bit hard to find, but getting to be less so with the
    >> growth of the "scrapbooking" hobby and stores dedicated to same.

    >Scrapbook materials are a good idea, especially since they seem to be
    >a good source for archival materials. The binder works if you have
    >polyethelene page holders, but just doesn't look that nice. You can
    >also get portfolios from an art supply store, they come in 8x10 and
    >up, I like 11x14 for photos. This will make a nice impression when
    >showing pictures. The last and most expensive is to have an archival
    >box and archivally interleaved pictures in the box. Put on your white
    >gloves and make a show out of it.
    >
    >Tom

    I like the idea of the portfolio with 11x14 pages as I was trying to
    figure out how to show some of my larger prints (8-1/2 x 11) in both
    landscape and portrait without having to turn them, yes?

    The more traditional photo album is a good idea - I skipped that
    thinking they had gone the way of the slide rule. I would think the
    photos would look better then viewing through plastic.

    The box idea is out of my price range - would be nice though!

    Thanks to both of you for the ideas - I'll check them out.
    eddie rukidding, Apr 30, 2007
  8. On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 14:22:13 -0500, Allen <> wrote:

    >eddie rukidding wrote:
    >> For those of you who have hardcopies of your photos -
    >>
    >> Can anyone point me to "photo album" like display methods that work
    >> well? How do you make your photos available for viewing without
    >> mounting them on the wall (or turn on your computer!!)?
    >>
    >> I have a number of my prized photos (up to 8x10) that I would like to
    >> put in a book or album so that I can share these with visitors to my
    >> home. I have no intention of publishing or selling these.
    >>
    >> Years ago, I tried the "magnetic" type albums with poor results. I am
    >> looking for a quality result that will last but will allow me to
    >> update (add, delete photos and pages).
    >>
    >> Archival would be nice.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions are appreciated.
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>

    >I like 3-ring looseleaf binders with PrintFile pages; these are
    >available in many different sizes, up to 8.5x11, and down at least to
    >2.25" square.
    >I favor the binders with a clear plastic window on the spine so that
    >labels can be inserted.
    >As far as those "magnetic" pages go, stay as far away from them as you
    >can. I'm sorry to say that my father-in-law, wonderful in every other
    >respect, put many, many family pictures in those things. When my wife
    >inherited them the first thing we did was to get the pictures loose--not
    >a very easy job if they have been on them very long. He also put some
    >newspaper clippings on those things, and they became as one. Curses upon
    >the inventor of them.
    >Allen

    How do you actually display with the PrintFile pages?

    Do you put the photos on backing then put them in the pages so that
    you can have photos on both sides of the pages or one sided viewing
    only?

    Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated!
    eddie rukidding, Apr 30, 2007
  9. On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 12:11:23 -0700, Bob Williams
    <> wrote:

    >eddie rukidding wrote:
    >
    >> For those of you who have hardcopies of your photos -
    >>
    >> Can anyone point me to "photo album" like display methods that work
    >> well? How do you make your photos available for viewing without
    >> mounting them on the wall (or turn on your computer!!)?
    >>
    >> I have a number of my prized photos (up to 8x10) that I would like to
    >> put in a book or album so that I can share these with visitors to my
    >> home. I have no intention of publishing or selling these.
    >>
    >> Years ago, I tried the "magnetic" type albums with poor results. I am
    >> looking for a quality result that will last but will allow me to
    >> update (add, delete photos and pages).
    >>
    >> Archival would be nice.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions are appreciated.
    >>
    >> TIA

    >Common Problem.....Easy Solution.
    >Get a package of "Page Protectors" at Office Depot.
    >They are 8.5 x 11.0 and are punched for a 3-Ring Bindrer.
    >They are made from Polypropylene so they do not have any plasticizer to
    >leach out and stick to yor photo. They are very archival
    >They are available in glossy and satin surface.
    >I prefer glossy but YMMV.
    >Bob Williams

    Thanks for the idea - I'll look into it. As with one of the other

    Is yours setup to view from both sides of the sheets?
    eddie rukidding, Apr 30, 2007
  10. eddie rukidding

    Allen Guest

    eddie rukidding wrote:

    > How do you actually display with the PrintFile pages?
    >
    > Do you put the photos on backing then put them in the pages so that
    > you can have photos on both sides of the pages or one sided viewing
    > only?
    >
    > Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated!

    If I understand your question--PrintFile pages have no opaque material,
    so you can put two photos back-to-back in each pocket.
    Allen
    Allen, May 1, 2007