    exten => _X.,n,NoOp(${SIP_HEADER(TO)})

    may have worked if I were using a SIP trunk. But I am not. :-(

    Any advice appreciated.
    gill bates, Sep 28, 2007

  2. gill bates

    gill bates Guest

    > I am using a IAX trunk from Gradwell.
    >
    > I have tried the following
    >
    > exten => _X.,n,NoOp(${CALLERID(dnid)})
    > exten => _X.,n,NoOp(${DNID})
    >
    > to no avail. I understand that
    >
    > exten => _X.,n,NoOp(${SIP_HEADER(TO)})
    >
    > may have worked if I were using a SIP trunk. But I am not. :-(
    >
    > Any advice appreciated.

    I turned on IAX2 debugging and the info I want is displayed - I just need to
    get it into a variable!

    Rx-Frame Retry[ No] -- OSeqno: 000 ISeqno: 000 Type: IAX Subclass: NEW
    Timestamp: 00013ms SCall: 00004 DCall: 00000 [193.121.201.100:4569]
    VERSION : 2
    CALLED NUMBER : 01753208000
    CODEC_PREFS : ()
    CALLING NUMBER : 07962404466
    CALLING PRESNTN : 0
    CALLING TYPEOFN : 0
    CALLING TRANSIT : 0
    CALLING NAME :
    LANGUAGE : en
    USERNAME : abcuser
    FORMAT : 8
    CAPABILITY : 65407
    ADSICPE : 2
    DATE TIME : 2007-09-28 21:44:30
    gill bates, Sep 28, 2007

  3. In article <UFcLi.49370$>,
    gill bates <> wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >Have any of you guys been successful in displaying the dialled number in
    >Asterisk.
    >
    >I am using a IAX trunk from Gradwell.
    >
    >I have tried the following
    >
    >exten => _X.,n,NoOp(${CALLERID(dnid)})
    >exten => _X.,n,NoOp(${DNID})
    >
    >to no avail. I understand that
    >
    >exten => _X.,n,NoOp(${SIP_HEADER(TO)})
    >
    >may have worked if I were using a SIP trunk. But I am not. :-(
    >
    >Any advice appreciated.

    The number you dialled is ${EXTEN} ... The number calling you
    is ${CALLERID(num)}

    Or do you mean something else?

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Sep 28, 2007
  4. gill bates

    gill bates Guest

    "Gordon Henderson" <> wrote in message
    > In article <UFcLi.49370$>,
    > gill bates <> wrote:
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Have any of you guys been successful in displaying the dialled number in
    >>Asterisk.
    >>
    >>I am using a IAX trunk from Gradwell.
    >>
    >>I have tried the following
    >>
    >>exten => _X.,n,NoOp(${CALLERID(dnid)})
    >>exten => _X.,n,NoOp(${DNID})
    >>
    >>to no avail. I understand that
    >>
    >>exten => _X.,n,NoOp(${SIP_HEADER(TO)})
    >>
    >>may have worked if I were using a SIP trunk. But I am not. :-(
    >>
    >>Any advice appreciated.

    > The number you dialled is ${EXTEN} ... The number calling you
    > is ${CALLERID(num)}
    >
    > Or do you mean something else?
    >
    > Gordon

    hi Gordon,

    I am looking for dialled number.

    so person can answer as abc ltd or xyz ltd.

    The DNIS or DNID.

    it can be seen in the IAX debug info as CALLED NUMBER (seee below)

    gill bates, Sep 28, 2007
  5. gill bates

    Jono Guest

    gill bates submitted this idea :

    > I am looking for dialled number.
    >
    > so person can answer as abc ltd or xyz ltd.

    can't you just give the ring group a name? either abc ltd or
    01234567890
    Jono, Sep 29, 2007
  6. gill bates

    Jono Guest

    gill bates brought next idea :

    > I am looking for dialled number.

    Crikey! I've been trying to work out why you want to show the number
    you've dialled.

    It's the number the /caller's/ dialled you're after!
    Jono, Sep 29, 2007
  7. In article <JEfLi.36266$>,
    gill bates <> wrote:

    >"Gordon Henderson" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <UFcLi.49370$>,
    >> gill bates <> wrote:
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>Have any of you guys been successful in displaying the dialled number in
    >>>Asterisk.
    >>>
    >>>I am using a IAX trunk from Gradwell.
    >>>
    >>>I have tried the following
    >>>
    >>>exten => _X.,n,NoOp(${CALLERID(dnid)})
    >>>exten => _X.,n,NoOp(${DNID})
    >>>
    >>>to no avail. I understand that
    >>>
    >>>exten => _X.,n,NoOp(${SIP_HEADER(TO)})
    >>>
    >>>may have worked if I were using a SIP trunk. But I am not. :-(
    >>>
    >>>Any advice appreciated.

    >> The number you dialled is ${EXTEN} ... The number calling you
    >> is ${CALLERID(num)}
    >>
    >> Or do you mean something else?
    >>
    >> Gordon

    >hi Gordon,
    >
    >I am looking for dialled number.
    >
    >so person can answer as abc ltd or xyz ltd.
    >
    >The DNIS or DNID.

    OK. I understand now! You're a switchboard for a number of companies and
    need to know the number the remote person dialled so you can answer
    with the right company name.

    It's ${EXTEN}

    But maybe you need to change the way you handle incoming numbers?

    Rather than a wildcard of _X. then you could list each number
    individually. This is what I do on incoming IAX trunks. So I have
    a context which is mentioned in the entry in the iax.conf file:

    ; Gateway to/from Magrathea
    [magrathea]
    type=friend
    context=fromIAX_magrathea
    .... etc.

    and in extensions.conf:

    [fromIAX_magrathea]

    ; Drogon Systems
    ; 01364 698 123

    exten => 441364698123,1,Noop(Incoming IAX call via Magrathea
    from ${CALLERID(all)} calling ${EXTEN} - Drogon Systems)
    exten => 441364698123,n,Goto(100,incoming,1)

    and so on for each number registered.

    However, even using a wildcard, you'll still have the inbound number
    in ${EXTEN}

    Calling in to that shows the following in the verbose console log:

    -- Executing NoOp("IAX2/magrathea-2", "Incoming IAX call via
    Magrathea from "" <07712191046> calling 441364698123 - Drogon
    Systems") in new stack
    -- Executing Goto("IAX2/magrathea-2", "100|incoming|1") in new stack

    What you need to do is get that number through to the phone/display, but
    I guess you have that sorted...

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Sep 29, 2007
  8. gill bates

    > In article <JEfLi.36266$>,
    > gill bates <> wrote:
    >>
    >>"Gordon Henderson" <> wrote in message

    >>> The number you dialled is ${EXTEN} ... The number calling you
    >>> is ${CALLERID(num)}
    >>>
    >>> Or do you mean something else?
    >>>
    >>> Gordon

    >>hi Gordon,
    >>
    >>I am looking for dialled number.
    >>
    >>so person can answer as abc ltd or xyz ltd.
    >>
    >>The DNIS or DNID.

    > OK. I understand now! You're a switchboard for a number of companies and
    > need to know the number the remote person dialled so you can answer
    > with the right company name.
    >
    > It's ${EXTEN}
    >
    > But maybe you need to change the way you handle incoming numbers?
    >
    > Rather than a wildcard of _X. then you could list each number
    > individually. This is what I do on incoming IAX trunks. So I have
    > a context which is mentioned in the entry in the iax.conf file:
    >
    > ; Gateway to/from Magrathea
    > [magrathea]
    > type=friend
    > context=fromIAX_magrathea
    > ... etc.
    >
    > and in extensions.conf:
    >
    > [fromIAX_magrathea]
    >
    > ; Drogon Systems
    > ; 01364 698 123
    >
    > exten => 441364698123,1,Noop(Incoming IAX call via Magrathea
    > from ${CALLERID(all)} calling ${EXTEN} - Drogon Systems)
    > exten => 441364698123,n,Goto(100,incoming,1)
    >
    > and so on for each number registered.
    >
    > However, even using a wildcard, you'll still have the inbound number
    > in ${EXTEN}
    >
    > Calling in to that shows the following in the verbose console log:
    >
    > -- Executing NoOp("IAX2/magrathea-2", "Incoming IAX call via
    > Magrathea from "" <07712191046> calling 441364698123 - Drogon
    > Systems") in new stack
    > -- Executing Goto("IAX2/magrathea-2", "100|incoming|1") in new stack
    >
    > What you need to do is get that number through to the phone/display, but
    > I guess you have that sorted...
    >
    > Gordon

    hi gordon / all,

    I can't believe I overlooked ${EXTEN} !

    I was thinking too much into it, because i read about DNIS and DNID and
    RDNIS etc

    Although I use ${EXTEN}in the dial plan it didn't cross my mind to try it on
    an external trunk!

    Thanks again guys!
    gill bates, Sep 29, 2007