    Display Name for Jack Doe, it still displayed as John Doe in the MMC !!!

    Any idea ?

    Hugo
    Hugo, Oct 20, 2003

  2. Hugo

    Herb Martin Guest

    > I would like to know how can I make NAME column in MMC WIN2K3 to reflect
    the
    > change I made to the user Display Name property ?
    >
    > Because if I create a user named John Doe... It appears as John Doe in the
    > NAME column in the MMC console... but if I change is first name for Jack

    and
    > Display Name for Jack Doe, it still displayed as John Doe in the MMC !!!

    Refresh?

    Worst case, close the MMC and re-open it.

    (Usually this is NOT a replication issue but that might occur as well if you
    change it on one DC and display it on another.)

    --
    Herb Martin
    Herb Martin, Oct 20, 2003

  3. Hugo

    Hugo Guest

    This is not a refresh problem.... I've tried what you suggested before I
    post to this news.... If you are on WIN2K, do you have same problem ?

    Any other suggestions ?

    Hugo

    Hugo, Oct 21, 2003
  4. Hugo

    Herb Martin Guest

    > This is not a refresh problem.... I've tried what you suggested before I
    > post to this news.... If you are on WIN2K, do you have same problem ?
    >
    > Any other suggestions ?

    It helps if you post the steps you have taken to resolve a problem instead
    of
    wasting everyone's time (yours included) with obvious steps that seem to
    escape
    many people.

    Nope, I don't have this problem. Did you actually try RE-STARTING the
    MMC?

    Did you actually CHECK to make sure it isn't replication?

    (See again, you gave a sloppy report that cannot be definitively determined
    include ALL of the steps or causes I suggested.)

    --
    Herb Martin
    Herb Martin, Oct 21, 2003
  5. circa Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:03:18 -0500, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Herb Martin ()
    said,
    > > This is not a refresh problem.... I've tried what you suggested before I
    > > post to this news.... If you are on WIN2K, do you have same problem ?
    > >
    > > Any other suggestions ?

    > It helps if you post the steps you have taken to resolve a problem instead
    > of
    > wasting everyone's time (yours included) with obvious steps that seem to
    > escape
    > many people.
    >
    > Nope, I don't have this problem. Did you actually try RE-STARTING the
    > MMC?
    >
    > Did you actually CHECK to make sure it isn't replication?
    >
    > (See again, you gave a sloppy report that cannot be definitively determined
    > include ALL of the steps or causes I suggested.)

    Actually, I understood exactly what he meant.

    My question is, how is Hugo going about performing the rename,
    exactly?

    Laura
    --
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
    -Groucho Marx
    Laura A. Robinson, Oct 21, 2003
  6. circa Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:11:19 -0400, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Hugo
    () said,
    > Hi !
    >
    > I would like to know how can I make NAME column in MMC WIN2K3 to reflect the
    > change I made to the user Display Name property ?
    >
    > Because if I create a user named John Doe... It appears as John Doe in the
    > NAME column in the MMC console... but if I change is first name for Jack and
    > Display Name for Jack Doe, it still displayed as John Doe in the MMC !!!
    >
    > Any idea ?

    Right-click on the user, choose "Rename" and perform the rename that
    way. If you manually edit the individual properties, the behavior you
    describe is repeatable. If you use "Rename", all is well.

    Laura
    --
    There's a great power in words, if you don't hitch too many of them
    together.
    Laura A. Robinson, Oct 21, 2003
  7. Hugo

    Herb Martin Guest

    > Right-click on the user, choose "Rename" and perform the rename that
    > way. If you manually edit the individual properties, the behavior you
    > describe is repeatable. If you use "Rename", all is well.

    So is it a bug?

    --
    Herb Martin

    Herb Martin, Oct 21, 2003
  8. Hugo

    Hugo Guest

    Hi Laura !

    This is exactly what I found yesterday.... I used "Rename" instead of only
    changing user properties.... This is probably a misunderstood !

    Thank's for your great info !

    Hugo

    message de news:...

    Hugo, Oct 22, 2003