    should?
    My graphics card is an nvidea Geforce FX 5600.

    thanks in advance!
    the_niner_nation, Oct 4, 2004

  2. the_niner_nation

    °Mike° Guest

    Did you also update DirectX? Have you checked your
    graphics card's tuneup utility? How about physically
    adjusting the monitor?

    On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 18:50:31 +0100, in
    <cjs2h8$ae$>
    the_niner_nation scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Oct 4, 2004

  3. the_niner_nation

    James Mourby Guest

    "the_niner_nation" <> wrote in
    message news:cjs2h8$ae$...
    >I recently had to re-install window on my PC, but upon re-installing it,
    >the
    > display is very jaded and not at all as visibly attractive as before.
    > I have confirmed that the graphic card driveers have been installed and
    > working okay, but no matter what options i select in control panel, I
    > still
    > get a display that is far far inferior compared to the display I had
    > before
    > I re-installed xp home.
    >
    > any suggestions or settings I can tweak to get my display looking like it
    > should?
    > My graphics card is an nvidea Geforce FX 5600.
    >
    > thanks in advance!

    All i can think of...

    1) Install Nvidea forceware drivers for your graphics card
    2) Install drivers for your monitor
    3) change resolution of your monitor
    4) change colour level setting

    James
    --

    Home Page: http://jamesuk.cjb.net
    Blur Discography: http://www.mourby.plus.com/blur/
    James Mourby, Oct 4, 2004
  4. the_niner_nation wrote:
    > I recently had to re-install window on my PC, but upon re-installing it, the
    > display is very jaded and not at all as visibly attractive as before.
    > I have confirmed that the graphic card driveers have been installed and
    > working okay, but no matter what options i select in control panel, I still
    > get a display that is far far inferior compared to the display I had before
    > I re-installed xp home.
    >
    > any suggestions or settings I can tweak to get my display looking like it
    > should?
    > My graphics card is an nvidea Geforce FX 5600.
    >
    > thanks in advance!

    Check under performance settings or tabs in your system or power
    management icons in the control panel for options for better display

    If you get a chance, please reply to my question in my previous message
    to you

    Monroe

    Monroe
    Monroe Dowling, Oct 8, 2004