    have one monitor). Both monitors listed are the same, but I`m wondering if
    there might be some sort of conflict? Any advice much appreciated.
    Gerry

    Gerry, Dec 27, 2003

  2. Gerry wrote:

    > Hi all
    > I`ve noticed that after I get the occassional crash I`m often
    > informed, on re-booting, that there is a problem with my display settings. I
    > have updated my drivers and after I get things running again things
    > generally go ok for long periods so I`m not sure if it`s a driver-related
    > problem. However, when I eventually get my display settings set to their
    > usual maximum (true color 32 bit) and I notice that certain of my icons
    > aren`t quite the right colour. For example, the IE icon is a very deep blue
    > colour instead of its normal pale blue and I then need to reboot (even
    > though my settings are at true colour 32bit) before it reverts back to
    > normal. Anyone have an idea why this is happening? I`m running w98se and
    > IE6. Something I noticed however, might be worth mentioning.......when I
    > check in device manager I see two monitors listed instead of one (I only
    > have one monitor). Both monitors listed are the same, but I`m wondering if
    > there might be some sort of conflict? Any advice much appreciated.
    > Gerry

    The temporary color of the IE icon is your biggest computer problem?
    Have you tried deleting both monitors in Device Manager and then let it
    re-detect the monitor?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 27, 2003

  3. Gerry

    °Mike° Guest

    Kill two birds with one stone. The colour of your icons is
    probably connected with the icon cache. Booting into
    Safe Mode will clear the cache, and while you are there,
    you should remove BOTH monitors from Device Manager.
    Reboot back into normal mode, and let Windows re-detect
    the monitor. You icons should also now look ok.

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 04:33:47 GMT, in
    <LY7Hb.181154$>
    Gerry scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 27, 2003
  4. Gerry

    Gerry Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Gerry wrote:
    >
    > > Hi all
    > > I`ve noticed that after I get the occassional crash I`m often
    > > informed, on re-booting, that there is a problem with my display

    settings. I
    > > have updated my drivers and after I get things running again things
    > > generally go ok for long periods so I`m not sure if it`s a

    driver-related
    > > problem. However, when I eventually get my display settings set to their
    > > usual maximum (true color 32 bit) and I notice that certain of my icons
    > > aren`t quite the right colour. For example, the IE icon is a very deep

    blue
    > > colour instead of its normal pale blue and I then need to reboot (even
    > > though my settings are at true colour 32bit) before it reverts back to
    > > normal. Anyone have an idea why this is happening? I`m running w98se and
    > > IE6. Something I noticed however, might be worth mentioning.......when I
    > > check in device manager I see two monitors listed instead of one (I only
    > > have one monitor). Both monitors listed are the same, but I`m wondering

    if
    > > there might be some sort of conflict? Any advice much appreciated.
    > > Gerry

    > The temporary color of the IE icon is your biggest computer problem?
    > Have you tried deleting both monitors in Device Manager and then let it
    > re-detect the monitor?

    No, it`s by no means my biggest problem, but the one which rears its ugly
    head the most often :)
    Thanks though for your suggestion, I`ll give it a try tomorrow :)
    Gerry

    Gerry, Dec 27, 2003