display settings driving me mad

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by surfpro, Apr 12, 2005.

  1. surfpro

    surfpro Guest

    surfpro, Apr 12, 2005

  2. surfpro

    carol Guest

    You need correct graphics drivers, either for your graphics card or
    motherboard (if graphics is on board)
    Download Belarc advisor (FREE) from belarc website this will provide
    information on your motherboard, then visit manufacturer's website and
    download graphics driver.
    Grodon

    carol, Apr 12, 2005

  3. surfpro

    Steve P Guest

    "surfpro" <> wrote in message

    > i need help!
    > had to completely re-install windows 98 to my virus-corrupted pc. now
    > all the graphics on the web etc are terrible.
    > think i need to change display settings, but the screen slider wont
    > move from its lowest setting.
    > tryed all i can think of.....any ideas???

    Try downloading the latest drivers for your graphics card from their
    website. If you are not sure which card you have try downloading Belarac
    advisor from http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
    Steve P, Apr 12, 2005
  4. surfpro wrote:

    > i need help! had to completely re-install windows 98 to my
    > virus-corrupted pc. now all the graphics on the web etc are terrible.
    > think i need to change display settings, but the screen slider wont
    > move from its lowest setting. tryed all i can think of.....any
    > ideas???

    You can probably access this public Usenet newsgroup directly with some
    fine news client like slrn or pan or knode or others [1], rather than
    some clunky web interface, unless, say, you're at firewalled at work and
    IT hasn't favorably responded to your request for Usenet (NNTP)
    capability. Do *yourself* a favor: check out your options and take
    control of your own Usenet experience.

    [1]Even with a piece of crap you already have, like Outlook Express,
    which, as bad as it is, still beats web interfaces for this activity
    that wasn't meant for webification.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    Blinky the Shark, Apr 12, 2005
  5. surfpro

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 07:56:15 -0400, surfpro
    <> wrote:

    >i need help!
    >had to completely re-install windows 98 to my virus-corrupted pc. now
    >all the graphics on the web etc are terrible.
    >think i need to change display settings, but the screen slider wont
    >move from its lowest setting.
    >tryed all i can think of.....any ideas???

    Reinstall the drivers for your video card.
    Evan Platt, Apr 12, 2005
  6. surfpro

    surfpro Guest

    surfpro, Apr 12, 2005