    Is anyone aware of a fix for this problem or perhaps a special
    driver/configuration mode I should acquire? Has anyone else experienced this
    problem?
    Skeye, Jun 12, 2008

  2. Skeye

    umwhat Guest

    I remember this happening to a computer I used. I had reinstalled the
    motherboard and I had put a metal motherboard mount in a hole where the mount
    touched the motherboard and was shorting the motherboard.
    A small amount of resin on the bottom of the motherboard melted but I am
    using the motherboard today.
    The monitor would do exactly as you describe and yes it would sometimes go
    better if I restarted the computer. Eventually it got worse but nothing was
    permanently damaged.
    Actually, I remember now the power supply began to shoot sparks out the
    backuntil it would not work! That was scary!

    --
    ....scribble...scribble...scribble...

    umwhat, Jun 19, 2008