    than 16 colours and 600x480. Im sure t should be 600x800 but control
    panel does not let me change this. Im stumped, any suggestions please?
    Cheers Lynn
    Lynn, Oct 16, 2003

  2. Lynn

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "Lynn" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi, I have a Toshiba 259CDS 400mhz, 20 gig hd, which I have just put
    > Win Me onto. I cannot get the display to change from anything other
    > than 16 colours and 600x480. Im sure t should be 600x800 but control
    > panel does not let me change this. Im stumped, any suggestions please?
    > Cheers Lynn

    Download the display drivers from Toshiba's web-site?
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---
    ~misfit~, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Lynn

    Paul Mathews Guest

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:01:40 +1300, Lynn <> wrote:

    >Hi, I have a Toshiba 259CDS 400mhz, 20 gig hd, which I have just put
    >Win Me onto. I cannot get the display to change from anything other
    >than 16 colours and 600x480. Im sure t should be 600x800 but control
    >panel does not let me change this. Im stumped, any suggestions please?
    >Cheers Lynn

    You will need the Display drivers as its defaulted to just VGA..
    Paul Mathews, Oct 16, 2003
  4. Lynn

    Paul Mathews Guest

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:01:40 +1300, Lynn <> wrote:

    >Hi, I have a Toshiba 259CDS 400mhz, 20 gig hd, which I have just put
    >Win Me onto. I cannot get the display to change from anything other
    >than 16 colours and 600x480. Im sure t should be 600x800 but control
    >panel does not let me change this. Im stumped, any suggestions please?
    >Cheers Lynn

    Is this the correct Model Number, as not hits on any search engines at all.
    Paul Mathews, Oct 16, 2003
  5. Lynn

    Lynn Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > "Lynn" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi, I have a Toshiba 259CDS 400mhz, 20 gig hd, which I have just put
    > > Win Me onto. I cannot get the display to change from anything other
    > > than 16 colours and 600x480. Im sure t should be 600x800 but control
    > > panel does not let me change this. Im stumped, any suggestions please?
    > > Cheers Lynn

    > Download the display drivers from Toshiba's web-site?
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    Thank you, Ill try that. Ii did visit their web site but didn't know what I
    was looking for at the time and the display made navigating very tedious so I
    gave up. Ill try again. cheers Lynn

    Lynn, Oct 16, 2003
  6. Lynn

    Lynn Guest

    Paul Mathews wrote:

    > On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:01:40 +1300, Lynn <> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi, I have a Toshiba 259CDS 400mhz, 20 gig hd, which I have just put
    > >Win Me onto. I cannot get the display to change from anything other
    > >than 16 colours and 600x480. Im sure t should be 600x800 but control
    > >panel does not let me change this. Im stumped, any suggestions please?
    > >Cheers Lynn

    > Is this the correct Model Number, as not hits on any search engines at all.

    Yep, that's what it says on the machine, I did a search as well and got the
    CDT??
    Lynn
    Lynn, Oct 16, 2003
  7. Lynn

    Lynn Guest

    Paul Mathews wrote:

    > On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:01:40 +1300, Lynn <> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi, I have a Toshiba 259CDS 400mhz, 20 gig hd, which I have just put
    > >Win Me onto. I cannot get the display to change from anything other
    > >than 16 colours and 600x480. Im sure t should be 600x800 but control
    > >panel does not let me change this. Im stumped, any suggestions please?
    > >Cheers Lynn

    > Is this the correct Model Number, as not hits on any search engines at all.

    OOps sorry its 2590CDS
    Lynn
    Lynn, Oct 16, 2003
  8. Lynn

    Paul Mathews Guest

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:31:57 +1300, Lynn <> wrote:

    >Paul Mathews wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:01:40 +1300, Lynn <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi, I have a Toshiba 259CDS 400mhz, 20 gig hd, which I have just put
    >> >Win Me onto. I cannot get the display to change from anything other
    >> >than 16 colours and 600x480. Im sure t should be 600x800 but control
    >> >panel does not let me change this. Im stumped, any suggestions please?
    >> >Cheers Lynn

    >> Is this the correct Model Number, as not hits on any search engines at all.

    >Yep, that's what it says on the machine, I did a search as well and got the
    >CDT??
    >Lynn

    I even went to the Toshiba US web site and could not find that model listed
    at all..
    Paul Mathews, Oct 16, 2003
  9. Lynn

    Paul Mathews Guest

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:33:26 +1300, Lynn <> wrote:

    >Paul Mathews wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:01:40 +1300, Lynn <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi, I have a Toshiba 259CDS 400mhz, 20 gig hd, which I have just put
    >> >Win Me onto. I cannot get the display to change from anything other
    >> >than 16 colours and 600x480. Im sure t should be 600x800 but control
    >> >panel does not let me change this. Im stumped, any suggestions please?
    >> >Cheers Lynn

    >> Is this the correct Model Number, as not hits on any search engines at all.

    >OOps sorry its 2590CDS
    >Lynn

    Does not look like its ment for ME, I can only see drivers for 95/98 & NT..

    You might be about to get OEM drivers from

    This is the link for the Toshiba US software for that model

    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modItemList.jsp#PublicList

    AU Web site has a far better list

    http://203.56.127.6/site/open/support/bvfilesdrivers.asp
    Paul Mathews, Oct 16, 2003
  10. Lynn

    Paul Mathews Guest

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 22:34:03 +1300, Lynn <> wrote:

    >Paul Mathews wrote:

    >> Does not look like its ment for ME, I can only see drivers for 95/98 & NT..
    >>
    >> You might be about to get OEM drivers from
    >>
    >> This is the link for the Toshiba US software for that model
    >>
    >> http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modItemList.jsp#PublicList
    >>
    >> AU Web site has a far better list
    >>
    >> http://203.56.127.6/site/open/support/bvfilesdrivers.asp

    >Thanks for all your searching I cant seem to find ay reference to ME either. It
    >looks like I may have to wipe it and try 98 when i can get the coa
    >Thanks again, Lynn

    You could try the 98SE drivers from the AU site with ME.
    Paul Mathews, Oct 16, 2003
  11. Lynn

    Lynn Guest

    Lynn, Oct 16, 2003
  12. Lynn

    ~misfit~ Guest

    wrote:

    put

    control

    please?

    > > Does not look like its ment for ME, I can only see drivers for 95/98 &

    NT..

    > > You might be about to get OEM drivers from
    > >
    > > This is the link for the Toshiba US software for that model

    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modItemList.jsp#PublicList

    > > AU Web site has a far better list
    > >
    > > http://203.56.127.6/site/open/support/bvfilesdrivers.asp

    > Thanks for all your searching I cant seem to find ay reference to ME

    either. It
    > looks like I may have to wipe it and try 98 when i can get the coa
    > Thanks again, Lynn

    You could try downloading and installing the 98 drivers Lynn, might just do
    the trick. No loss if it doesn't work and you're thinking of re-installing
    anyway.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---
    ~misfit~, Oct 16, 2003
  13. Lynn wrote:
    > Thanks for all your searching I cant seem to find ay reference to ME
    > either. It looks like I may have to wipe it and try 98 when i can
    > get the coa
    > Thanks again, Lynn

    Windows 98 drivers usually work fine on ME.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Oct 16, 2003