Display problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Pompey ©, Dec 9, 2006.

  1. Pompey ©

    Pompey © Guest

    Hi
    I have a problem with the display on a HP/compaq nx9010 evo notebook
    bought s/hand
    Basically the display looks to big.. Font/ Icons /taskbar and all windows
    that open.. they all fit into the screen but have to scroll a lot.. when i
    scroll its a 'stepped' scroll
    I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the video card.. have
    checked display panel set at 1024x768 pxls

    specs as follows
    HP / compaq nx9010
    15" dispay
    40 gb Ntfs HD
    Windows Xp sp2
    2.9ghz celeron
    512 mb ram
    Ati radeon igp 345m D/adapter

    If you need anymore info i will provide
    all help welcome
    Thanks Dar
    Pompey ©, Dec 9, 2006

  2. Pompey ©

    old man Guest

    Drivers from where?

    old man, Dec 10, 2006

  3. Pompey ©

    Pompey © Guest

    From sony websiteand microsoft.... ATI doesnt show any.
    Dar

    Pompey ©, Dec 10, 2006
  4. Pompey ©

    old man Guest

    Interesting, what has Sony got to do with HP notebook hardware?

    For Laptops/Notebooks you only obtain drivers from the manu site, specific
    to your model.
    Do NOT use winupdate for drivers - an easy way to bugger the sys -
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...d=321850&submit.y=5&submit.x=10&lang=en&cc=uk

    or http://tinyurl.com/yhc3l2

    old man, Dec 10, 2006
  5. Pompey ©

    Pompey © Guest

    Oops sorry meant downloaded from HP

    Thanx

    "old man" <> wrote in message
    > Interesting, what has Sony got to do with HP notebook hardware?
    >
    > For Laptops/Notebooks you only obtain drivers from the manu site, specific
    > to your model.
    > Do NOT use winupdate for drivers - an easy way to bugger the sys -
    > http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...d=321850&submit.y=5&submit.x=10&lang=en&cc=uk
    >
    > or http://tinyurl.com/yhc3l2
    >
    > "Pompey ©" <> wrote in message

    Tahnx